Epilogue-Never Let Me Go

I recommend pressing play on the song while you read! It gives you all the feels. Hope you like the ending! Maybe I'll do a sequel....

Micah.
Sitting alone in the darkness, I try to forget. That never works. It's like my brain won't let me. It was as if I was being teased.

I haven't left my room since the day I met Reegan. A part of me feels gone. I feel lost. Every time I see his face in my mind, I regret losing him. It's been a whole two months since I took away his life and I haven't seen him since.

A week after the incident, I went to see Samantha. She wasn't much help. She told me he was alive and that I should have seen him by now, and that my future hasn't changed course from the original visions. Why haven't I seen him then? None of it made sense. I needed real answers.

Reegan's parents reported him missing and I saw his picture everywhere. He was on TV, in the newspaper, on every social media, and even posted on street signs. It was like he was haunting me. He was even in my dreams. Every time I went to sleep, the visions that Samantha showed me replay themselves. It's like a never ending nightmare. Sometimes, I expected to find him in my room, waiting to actually have a real conversation with me for the first time. That never happened.

My sister started taking all of my jobs. She understood how I was feeling after I explained what happened. My parents...not so much. They thought I was depressed and hired one of the royals to come talk to me. The lady was a real bitch and didn't help me at all. Supposedly, I needed grief counseling. Was this even considered as grief? I barely knew him.

A few days ago, Reegan's hippie friend was on the news. Of course, she was crying and wanted to know where he was. She even thought he was kidnapped by a supposed "stalker". She told the media that on the last day he was seen, Reegan thought he was being followed and that he was scared of some man. That really stirred up chaos in the investigation. I knew I was never going to be questioned, but I felt guilty and scared. Should I just turn myself in? I know he isn't dead, but maybe that would take take some of the pain and guilt away.

The next morning, I feel like a wreck. All my thoughts from last night still sit in my mind and I can't breathe. This is too overwhelming. If it gets any worse, I think I'd rather put myself out of my misery than continue on.

As I sit alone in my room, waiting for something to happen, I hear a loud noise from outside. Quickly, I stand up, grab my dagger, and look out the French doors that lead to the balcony. My jaw drops and I feel like I'm going to cry. As fast as I can, I open the door and race out the railing of the balcony.

Perched on the edge, in all of it's glory, in the morning sunlight, was a dragon. I couldn't catch my breath as I stared at its eyes. I knew those eyes. They were the eyes of Reegan. Tears escape my own eyes and I held out my hand, seeing if he will do anything. He doesn't. Is this just another dream? Was I going crazy?

The dragon's nostrils flared and he took a deep breath. I need to know. I have to know if it is him.

"Reegan? Is it you?"

He stares at me for a few moments until nodding his head in response. Oh, God. Tears stream down my face and I wrap him in a hug. I can't believe he is here. He's back. My dragon boy is back. I reach out to him, softly stroking his beautiful, gold body. He was the most beautiful of all the dragons I had ever seen. It was like looking at a masterpiece designed by God.

After a few minutes of silence, my bedroom door opens and my parents rush in. "Micah, what is going on?" My mother asks in a hushed tone. My father pulls out a blade, scaring Reegan.

I lean over and put my hand on him to calm him down, but it doesn't work.vAs my parents rush over to me, Reegan jumps from the balcony and starts flying away. I watch as his wings flap swiftly, like a bird chased by prey. I've lost him. How could they do this to me?

"Are you going to sit there and do nothing?" My father asked, loading his gun. "The beast is getting away!!" He booms.

I take my hand and smack the gun from his hands. "Let him." I won't let Reegan die. Again.

I ignore my parent's harsh comment and shocked expressions as I watch my dragon boy fly away into the light. Goodbye Reegan. See you soon. As I watch his body float into the morning sun, I'm reminded of special I am to have known him just a little bit. I will find him again and we will be together. After all, Reegan was my dragon boy.

THE END