Chapter 3

Micah.
I couldn't take my eyes off of him. Obviously there was no normal dragon in this building, but somehow..this boy was a dragon. I could smell it as it reeked off of him and I could clearly see it in his eyes. It was scary and extraordinarily magnificent all at the same time. It made me terrified and also amazed that something so beautiful could be a monster. No matter what I started to feel on the inside, I had to kill him. It was my job. I was a slayer.

As the students started to leave the classroom, I realized I had to follow him. I couldn't let this thing out of my sight. I needed to figure out the best way to attack. Would he even try to defeat me? I really doubted that he would be much of a fight, but you never know. These beasts are unpredictable. Trust me, I've had lots of experience, yet I've never met a dragon like..this.

The boy slowly walked to his locker. God, I wasn't used to being around these powerless mortals. I was used to fast action and a quick pace, not moseying around like a caterpillar. One thing that was interesting about the dragon was that he had a friend. (A friend that I didn't really care for.) She seemed really mello and hippie-like with her raggedy hair and thrifty clothing. It was weird.

After a few moments of chatter, I watched them look over to where I was standing by the disgusting mortal drinking thing. It was so disturbing that every prick around put their mouth on this thing. The thought made me almost puke.

The boy even pointed at me and I almost pulled my blade out then and there. He saw me? So, he is a dragon.. Did the girl see me too? Of course not, she is a mortal. If she is mortal, why does the beast hang around her like they are some kind of..friends? I should approach him when he is alone and kill him quickly. If he had a friend that could see me, could others see me too? I looked around at the students near me. Seeing as some girl had a guy shoved up against the wall next to me, her tongue breaking new records down his throat, I didn't think anyone else could see me.

After a few more minutes of sitting there awkwardly by the slut making out with her boyfriend, or random guy, the dragon's friend finally leaves his locker and heads to class. A few more seconds pass by and it seems as if everyone else does the same, except him. He stays back, still pretending to rummage through his locker. Once everyone else has left the hallway and the bell has rung, he closes his locker and starts to make his way towards me. Is he going to fight me? Am I prepared?

Before I can reach for my weapons, he stops in front of me and asks, "Who are you and why are you following me?"

I'm shocked. He doesn't know what I do and who I am? Does he not even know of my parents? Something isn't right and as I look down at the adorable, puzzled expression on his face, I'm not sure what to do next. The only thing I could think about was how pretty his eyes were.

Reegan.
"Who are you and why are you following me?" I spoke the words sooner than I expected, scaring myself completely in a new and unknown way. Please don't kill me!

For a few moments he looks taken back and even a little confused, maybe scared. His hands moves down to the blade at his belt and I fear that he may do something to me, but he doesn't. He is very mysterious. I like it. Something about him scares me and excites me at the same time. I've never felt like this around anyone before, which is why all these feelings are so unreal.

He smiles at my last response as if he was mocking me. I despise mockery, mostly when it's towards me. "Like you don't know." He says in a sarcastic tone. I'm starting to really hate this sarcasm thing too. Who does he think he is? And why hasn't he answered me yet?

"I don't." I tell him. He only rolls his eyes in disbelief. "I'm ser-rious." I say, accidentally stuttering like a blabbering fool. Why am I so stupid? I feel so scared and tiny as I stand in front of him. He is at least 6"2', which is huge compared to my 5"4'.