Chapter 4

Reegan. -dedicated to my friend Isa!
When I opened my eyes, I was back in the hallway, the hot guy still on top of me. I couldn't believe the things that I had just seen. What was that shit? Today has been like the craziest day of my life and I just wanted to go home and rest. Nothing made sense.

The guy on top of me was breathing heavily and I hadn't realized that I was too, which didn't make sense. I wasn't out of breath or anything and I certainly wasn't tired. Suddenly, I felt a tiny bit of discomfort on my right side, causing me to wince as I struggled underneath of him. Was he really that heavy? Certainly not.

As I tried to move out from under him once more, I felt jots of pain along my rib area. Was something jabbing me? I tried to move some more, this time causing excruciating pain. I felt like a thousand pieces of glass were in my right side. Tears streamed down my face and he immediately realized something was wrong too.

As he lifted himself off of me, we both looked down at what had happened. Directly under my right rib cage was his sword, inserted and stabbed in my body. I cried out in horror, the pain becoming worse and worse.

"What have you done?" I screamed, crying hysterically. I had never felt anything like this before. This was worse than any time I had fallen off my bicycle and definitely worse than the time I shut my finger in the garage door. I used to think paper cuts were the end of my world, but this...this was ten times worse.

"Don't worry. I'm going to help you." He says, holding my hand tightly. I squeeze his hand as hard as I can to take my mind off of the pain. It doesn't work, so I try to think of happy thoughts. As I close my eyes and try to concentrate, I can't hear him anymore, the darkness pulling me in and consuming my soul.

I feel him shaking me as he removes the blade from my body, causing me to become even more unresponsive. I feel lifeless, the pain taking everything I have left in me. I can't feel anything except pain. My entire body feels like it's drowning in it, waiting for someone to reach for me and pull me out. As I let myself drift completely in to the darkness, I hope the person that pulls me out is the glorious boy crying above me.

Micah.
What have I done? How could I have done something so wrong? I feel terrible and I don't know what to do as he lays unconscious in my arms. I need to get help. Usually, I try to act calm and collected like I have everything under control, but now, I don't know what the hell to do at all.

I need to call my parents. Retrieving my cell phone, I quickly punch in my mother's number and wait for her to pick up. After a few rings of them not picking up and me freaking out like a looser, I hear my mother's voice.

"Micah?" My mother answers, sounding frantic and upset.

"Mom!" I cry desperately into the phone. "I need h-"

"Micah!" She screams, interrupting my pleas. "There was a magic attack coming up on our radar at home. We think there might be a witch at the school also. It seems that someone has already been badly hurt."

What? A witch? How can this be? Was the dragon boy the one that was badly hurt? This must be a mistake. I can't find anything to say to her as she rambles on through the phone. I can't let the dragon boy die. For some reason, he means something and a large part of me wants to find out what he means to me.

"MICAH!" She screams again, grabbing my attention.

"What?"

"Is the dragon slayed?" She asks me.

I look down at the lifeless boy in my arms. I can no longer hear his breath and he has been unconscious for some time. I want to believe he is alive, but I don't think there is any hope. I stabbed him with my very own sword. The sword that was passed through generation through generation in our family. There wasn't a chance of him still being alive, especially since he was in a mortal's body.

I choke back any emotion I have as I regain my thoughts. "Yes, Mother. The dragon is dead."

"Good. Now send the witch back to wherever she came from and get home." She orders, ending the phone call.

I slide my phone back in my pocket and try to review the situation. The dragon boy, who I'm guessing that I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with is dead. My forever is gone and I don't know what to do. The last thing I wanted to even think about was handling this witch and sending her away. Witches were feisty and a bunch of work. They don't like to be told what to do.

"This must be a mistake." I tell myself, thinking that there probably isn't a witch here at all.

At that moment, the doors to the hallway suddenly open and slam against the wall as someone walks in. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY REEGAN?"

I look up and see the slut from earlier. Her blonde hair is flying in every direction like there isn't any gravity in the room and her skirt is flaring like it, itself, is angry too. I don't know what to make of the situation, but it is kind've funny.

How can she see me? Could she be the-

My thought is interrupted as she screams once more. This time, a ball of flames forms in her hand. She was the witch. The girl comes rushing towards me, the flames becoming larger and larger. God, today is not my day.

"How could you do this to him? My Reegan!" She cries, her eyes getting larger the angrier she gets. Reegan? That's his name? I quite like it.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to kill him." I tell her.

She doesn't buy it. "AAHH!" She screeches, throwing a ball of flames at my face. Luckily, I have good reflexes and use them to duck just in time, my hair almost getting scorched to a crisp. Whew! That was a close one.

Then, as she becomes even more upset, the pipes that run along the wall come unscrewed and start coming towards me. I turn around and start to run, but one wraps itself around my ankle, causing me to fall. I, the brave one in every situation, screams as the pipe drags me across the cold linoleum floor. The girl waves her hand and instantly, two pipes are wrapping theirselves around my wrists and another one on my free leg.

The girl leaves me hanging in mid air to tend to the dragon boy on the floor. As the pipes' grips become tighter, I try think of a way out of the situation. I sort of deserve this. I killed an innocent being. Even if he was a dragon, he wasn't harming anyone at the school. It seemed that he was taking classes and enjoy life, did Reegan even know he was a dragon? None of it made sense, but what I did was wrong and I'm starting to regret ever being a slayer in the first place.

The girl starts whispering in the Reegan's ear. She seems to be in a state of mourn and I begin to feel very sorry for her also. I killed her friend. The pipes are hurting more and more and I can't think of anything better than escaping their grasp.

Then, as the witch whispers into his ear, he starts to stir just a little. "S-am-an-tha." He struggles to say the name, but I feel so overjoyed in that moment that I forget I'm even being hurt by these pipes from hell. Was Samantha her name? I didn't care. The dragon boy had a little life left in him and we had to save him.

"Hey!" Some yells. "Set him free this instant!" The voice didn't come from neither the witch, nor I, but it did sound familiar. Craning my neck, I look back and see the one person I needed most in this predicament. Standing in the opposite doorway that the witch came in, was none other than my badass sister, Cassandra.