Chapter 5 -Cosmic Love

Make sure you check out the song that is the theme of this chapter up above!!!

Micah.
"Cassandra!" I exclaimed, thanking the gods that I had a little sister. I guess she is useful for some things. "Come get me loose." I tell her as she runs to where I stand.

The witch, Samantha, ignores my sister as she tends the dragon. (I mean Reegan.) As she still whispers sweet nothings in his ears, he stirs more and more. Was she casting spells? Using charms? I don't know what, but I trust that she won't kill him.

"Micah, did she kill that boy?" Cassandra asks, trying to cut the pipes with her blade. "Micah, this isn't working." She grunts, trying to do her best.

"It's magic, Cass. What did you expect?" I ask her, a small laugh in my voice. "And no, she didn't kill him. I did." Cassandra looks taken back and startled. I would be too if I were her. Killing teenagers isn't something I have a habit of doing.

"Hey, lady, can you let me down?" I yell at the witch. Her head twitches and she stands up to face me.

"Why should I set you free? You killed my.." Her voice fades off and tears swell up in her eyes. I know she wants to say something, but she is holding back.

"Your what?" Cassandra asks, taking a step away from me and walking towards her.

"Nevermind. I'm going to try to bring him back the only way I know how." She says, looking down at Reegan. "He won't be his same self exactly, but he will be alive again."

"Please, bring him back." I plead. I'm actually quite surprised with myself. I actually care for this kid. It's crazy that one moment I want to kill him, and the next I'm feeling things for him. Emotions were so weird. I think I remember why I don't usually let myself have any.

"You let him die. You took his life. Now, you want to save him." She chuckles, waving her hands over Reegan's body. "I tried to stop you. I showed you your future..."

That's how that was happening? It was our future, and I didn't care enough. I'm so stupid. Everything started to make sense. She did try to stop me, but it was too late. I was a fool.

"I'm sorry." I tell her, knowing that my apology doesn't even really matter.

She closes her eyes and a vibration starts to fill the room, giving Cassandra and I shivers. As Samantha waves her hands in the air, she begins chanting a spell in a language neither of us know.

"Ya summin , Ryujin , na etoy temnoy den' . vernut' etot Forsaken rebenka i vernut' svoyu dushu v yego istinnoy forme!"

She is now screaming, causing powerful winds to enter the room. The lights start flickering and the glass windows begin to crack slowly with every word she speaks. Cassandra holds me tightly, burying her face in my chest.

"Razvyazat' yego dukh i otkazat'sya ot nego vlast' . ALTER yemu voz'mi eto sushchestvo i vernut' to, chto nekogda lyubili. " Samantha's veins bulge under her skin, her head twitching in sharp actions and full of force.

A hanging light above us falls and crashes to the floor. Using all the force I have in me, I untangle my body from the pipes and drop to the floor. I take Cassandra and back her away from the scene.

"Napravlyayte vashi vlasti, ZAKAZ eta dusha i otmenit' eto grekhovnoye deystviye!!!!" Samantha screeches the words as if they are causing her some kind of pain. With her last chant, all of the windows in the hallway explode and shatter to the floor.

A blue glow starts to form around Reegan and his body is lifted into the air by Samantha's spell. This was crazy. It was like watching a movie. Of all the things I have seen in my slayer career, this was unique.

"GO!" Samantha orders in tears.

I hesitate, not wanting to leave. I want to be here if he wakes up. I need to see him. The glow around him brightens and my ears start to ring from the vibrations.

"GO!!!" She cries out again.

I do as she says. Holding Cassandra tightly, I turn around and run to the end of the hall. Cassandra escapes through the door, but just as I'm about to follow her, the wind and the ringing ceases. Turning around, I take a look at the scene behind me.

Samantha is still siting on the floor, but Reegan is no longer in the air. He is gone. Only a blue mist exists in his place, waving in the air like floating water. I don't know what happened, but I do know that he is alive. Something in my heart tells me that I will see him again and I will hold on to that feeling forever.