Game day turmoil

TW- mentions of eating disorder and drug use

Isla's Pov

It has been three days since the sprained ankle incident. I have been doing some light training with the girls but haven't been able to participate in any contact sports. Jonas said if the physio said I could play, then I would be allowed to play in the game. So I made sure to get up bright and early so I could make my way to the training grounds to get checked out before we headed to our game against Aston Villa. Our game wasn't till 4 this afternoon, but they wanted us to arrive at least two hours beforehand. They also wanted us to talk about some last-minute tactics which should take at least an hour, and we were going to eat before, which meant I had to at least be there by 10. Because as much as I was excited, my nerves were at an all-time high, and I didn't think I could handle being late, especially for my first game with The Arsenal.

Isla: "Do you reckon I can play today."

Physio: "I think it should be fine, I'll make sure to tell Jonas."

Isla: "Thanks, I really appreciate it."

Physio: "Just make sure to be careful."

Isla: "I always am." I say as I head out of the physio room towards the changing rooms.

I walked into the changing room and towards my locker as I left my shin pads there the day before. Even though Leah reminded me multiple times not to forget them, I did. So I decided to grab them and put them in my bag before she got here. I could not take the satisfaction she would get from being right. Plus, I wasn't in the mood for breakfast right now. I had too many emotions to be stomaching anything right now. I took a seat on the bench just in front of my cubby and laid my head back as I released a heavy sigh, taking in the little peace and quiet I could get before the match.

Leah: "I have been looking for you everywhere, what are you doing?"

Isla: "Oh my God, you scared me." I say as I put my hand to my heart

Leah: "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you; I just wanted to see you; I missed you." she says as she walks towards me, taking a seat next to me.

Isla: "Leah, you saw me yesterday." I say as I gently move a piece of her hair behind her ear.

Leah: "So, I enjoy being with you."

Isla: "Well, you are so sweet." I say as I feel my cheeks turning red

Leah: "What did the physio say?"

Isla: "He said I could play as long as I am careful."

Leah: "That's good; hopefully, you will get your Arsenal debut."

Isla: "I am getting my debut today."

Leah: "Who said."

Isla: "Me, I am confident.'

Leah: "Okay, whatever you say." she says as she rolls her eyes.

Leah: "Come on, let's get breakfast", she says as she grabs my hand and leads us out of the changing room and towards the cafeteria. Leah guides us to a table that has Beth, Viv, Katie, Alessia, Steph and Caitlin. I take the empty seat next to Alessia as there is a seat on the other side of me for Leah.

Leah: "Are you not having anything?" Leah says as she tilts her head to the side, placing her hand on my shoulder.

Isla: "No, I'm alright, but your seat will be here when you come back." I say

Leah: "Isla, if you are playing today, you need to eat."

Isla: "It's alright. I already ate.'

Leah: "You were here earlier before anyone else, and we didn't have time to eat."