Carrots

Isla's Pov

I feel Leah's tender lips kiss my forehead as her hand runs delicately through my hair.Leah: "Isla," she says just above a whisper.Isla: "mmhh" is all I can say. I'm still too tired to move.Leah: "You have to put on your jumper and grab your bag; we need to go to training."Isla: "Can't we just stay here." I say, burying my face further into her neck.Leah: "I wish we could, but it is only your second training session, and I don't think Jonas will be happy." she says as she continues to stroke her hand through my hair, sending shivers down my spine.Isla: "You're right." I say with a groan, pulling myself up and placing a gentle peck onto Leah's lips and heading around her apartment to find my things.

Leah and I set off for training. I insisted I could drive, but Leah refused, saying she didn't want to take any chances. I don't know what that means because I am an exceptional driver, except I ran into a stop sign once, but that wasn't my fault. I swear it wasn't there the day before. I can't help but get caught up in my thoughts as I try to drown out the god-awful country music Leah had put on. All I could think about was my parents, I barely see them anymore, but I do see them on Christmas, even though we don't interact. We just go for Millie's sake, and she doesn't seem to see how strained my relationship with them is, but I really don't want to be the one to break the news to her. Also, what are Leah and I? We have been hanging out for the past couple of days, and I really love her, her smile, her blue eyes, and her infectious laugh. I just want to be surrounded by her every second of the day. I get pulled out of these thoughts when I feel a hand lay against my thigh. I look up, and Leah gives me a little smile, which I reciprocate before turning to look out the window. I feel the blood rush to my head as my cheeks become redder. I have never seen someone so beautiful.

Leah: "What are you thinking about?"Isla: "How shit the music is." I say, looking her dead in the eyes as she glares straight into my soul.Isla: "I'm joking. I love listening to country music." I say, laying my hand on top of the one she has on my thigh.Leah: "Okay then, what are you really thinking about."Isla: "I'm wondering if you want to continue this, continue with us." I say hesitantly, looking at my feet.Leah: "Of course, I want to keep seeing how this goes; we have only been hanging out for a couple of days, but I really do like you, Isla." she says with a grin on her face, giving my hand a squeeze.Isla: "Are you sure? I feel like I might be too much for you? I have already got you in between Millie and me, and I don't want you to feel like you have to stay or be nice to me because of everything."Leah: "No, I don't feel that way at all. I really like you, Isla; how about we go on another date? I'll plan it this time."Isla: "Another date sounds great; I really like you too, Leah." I said quickly, kissing her cheek before jumping out of the car as we arrived at training.

"IIISSSLLLLAAAAA" I hear being yelled across the parking lot, I go to turn around, but I am quickly embraced in a headlock. What is it with people putting me in headlocks? Suddenly, there is a hand ruffling through my hair.Isla: "Seriously", I huff as I turn to see who it is.Isla: "Really, Beth," I say, trying to get out of her grip. She just laughs as she drags me inside.Beth: "Are you feeling alright after yesterday."Isla: "Yes, I'm fine, Beth; sorry for being a worry." I say, looking at my feet.I feel Beth embrace me in a hug. Beth: "Never apologise for not feeling okay. This team is your family now, and if you ever need anything, I am always here to help." she says, as I feel tears start to fall down my face onto Beth's shirt. I feel her rub her hands up and down my back, trying to comfort me.I pull back to look at Beth.Isla: "Thank you for being so nice to me." I said, embracing her in one more hug before walking towards the changing room. I feel a hand on the small of my back as I wipe away tears with my sleeve.Leah: "You okay, love."Isla: "Yeah, I am great; what about you."Leah: "I'm good; you sure you are okay," she says. She doesn't know what Beth and I were discussing but still notices my tear-stained face.Isla: "Yeah, these are happy tears; I am just so happy to be a part of the Arsenal family". I say as I walk through the door of the changing room.