Fraternising with the enemy

The stadium buzzed with excitement as the crowd eagerly awaited the start of the match. Among them was Isla, a passionate soccer fan who lived and breathed the game. Dressed in her team's blue jersey with the bold name of KERR printed on the back, she had eagerly awaited the game against Arsenal for weeks. She couldn't contain her excitement as she took her seat, eagerly anticipating the upcoming clash.

As the players emerged from the tunnel and onto the pitch, her eyes went straight to number 20. Miss Sam Kerr, looking to get a glimpse of her favourite player, tacking in and analysing their every move. But as the players lined up across the pitch, a player stood out to her, not Kerr but another player, an Arsenal player, Williamson Star defender and English captain. She quickly removed her gaze as she couldn't go against her club, continuing to cheer for Chelsea as the game kicked off.

Throughout the match, Isla's emotions swung wildly with every pass, every shot and every save. She felt every moment as if she was on the field herself, her passion for the game driving her to cheer louder with each goal her team scored. The game quickly became tied at 2-2 within the 80th minute. Chelsea was struggling to find a gap when suddenly Sam Kerr had the ball at her feet, running towards an open goal. The crowd became louder as Sam came closer to the goal until she was suddenly tackled from the side, hitting the ground hard. The crowd erupted in profanity as the referee gave Leah Williams a yellow card. Chelsea was given a penalty outside the box, but it didn't lead to anything. Until 6 minutes added time, Katie McCabe had the ball. She was heading right towards Chelsea's goal. Surely, she wouldn't score. McCabe was surrounded by defenders until she took her left foot and kicked the ball straight into the top right corner. Isla felt sombre at that moment. As the final whistle blew, all the Arsenal fan's cheers mellowed out, with disappointment causing her to sink deeper into her seat.

Frozen and immersed in her thoughts, Isla hadn't realised she was one of the few people left in the stadium.

"Hey, Hey
A hand waved in front of my face, bringing me out of my own thoughts
Isla: "Sorry' I saw as I scrambled to grab my stuff, realising I was the only person left in the stadium. I start to walk away when someone's hand pulls me back. My body spins around with the strength of the person pulling me towards them.
"You don't have to apologise to me darling"
My eyes widened as they wandered over the person's face. It was Leah Williamson
Our bodies pressed together. I could feel the heat of her breath against my face. My eyes wandered towards her lips, then back to her eyes. I push away.
Isla: "Sorry, I have to go."
Leah: "Why's the rush all of a sudden."
You stand there in shock; you are talking to Leah Williamson, the Leah Williamson. My eyes start to wonder, fixating on every facial feature, her stern blue eyes and strong jaw.
Leah: "Like what you see."
Isla: "No, I was just trying to come up with some excuse to get me out of here."
Leah: "Am I really that bad at banter."
Isla: "No, it's just that I can't be seen fraternising with the enemy; plus, you took out my favourite player."
You turn around and point to the name and number on the back of your shirt.
Leah passes you a folded piece of paper and leans in closer to you, feeling her breath linger along the side of your face. She whispers
Leah: "Maybe next time my name can be on the back of your shirt" As she moves back, she quickly kisses you on the cheek. You feel the blood rush to your cheeks as you start to turn red. My brain was scrambling for something to say, but before I could speak, Leah was gone and that was my cue to leave.

—————————————————————————The Writer
I'm just writing this for fun but if you have any recommendations please feel free to voice your ideas. Also please like this chapter if you like it thanks 🫶🏻