Nina Williams SFW Alphabet

This was requested by an anonymous user on Tumblr.

A = Affection (How affectionate are they? How do they show affection?)

Nina isn't really that affectionate, especially not in the beginning. For the majority of her life, she's had to keep people at an arm's length, with her loyalty being bought and sold with every job she's taken. You're probably one of, if not the first, person to ever manage to get this close to her, both physically and emotionally. At the start of your relationship, she's incredibly reserved when it comes to affection. For a while, Nina won't go beyond giving you a quick peck here and there. If you want anything more, like a hug for example, she'll either awkwardly give it to you or just straight up deny you. It takes her a while to adjust, and even when she does, there are still a lot of steps that you have to take before you can properly establish a comfortable routine of affection. The problem with Nina is that she doesn't think to do it unless prompted to, which might stem from operating behind others' shadows for a living. As the relationship goes on, though, she'll start getting better at it. Just don't expect PDA. Ever.

B = Best Friend (What would they be like as a best friend? How would the friendship start?)

It would certainly take a lot to start a friendship with Nina, but once it starts going, she's the cool, badass friend that doesn't care about what anybody thinks. Once you get to know her, she's the perfect partner-in-crime and will have your back no matter what. If you ask her about her opinion on something, she will give you an honest answer. Nina doesn't care about how blunt or brutal she sounds-she refuses to spare anyone's feelings. Truth hurts sometimes; that's just how life works. Nina's also an amazing listener and will help you through whatever issues you might be going through, giving you sage advice with that velvet voice of hers. The friendship would probably start out with you serving her coffee at Smith Coffee. Nina enjoys going there when she has some time to herself, and she finds the atmosphere there nice and calming. She's become a regular customer there, and you already know what she's going to get each time she comes in. Despite normally being a cold-blooded assassin, she warms up to you quite a bit and talks to you whenever she sees you.

C = Comfort (How do they comfort you? Are they good at it or are they kinda awkward? How do they like to be comforted?)

Nina is a firm believer that actions speak louder than words. If you need comfort, she'll sit by your side, place a hand on your shoulder, and place a kiss on your temple, silently letting you know that she's there if you need her. If you'd like to talk about it, she'll listen carefully, following every word and responding if necessary. As someone who's seen and been through a lot in her life, Nina is very wise and gives amazing advice. If she has some to give you, it'd be in your best interest to hear her out. Even if you think you don't need it, it might come in handy later on. If you'd rather not speak about it, she'll kiss your temple and remind you that she's there if you change your mind. For someone so generally cold-hearted, she's actually great at comforting you. She always knows the right thing to say, and her presence is surprisingly soothing. She herself doesn't need comforting. Or that's what she says, at least. It's extremely difficult to tell when Nina's upset, as she always has a stoic expression on her face. If you ever believe that she's distressed, the best thing to do is show her you care in the best way you know how.

D = Domestic (Do they want to settle down? How are they at cooking and cleaning?)

Before she met you, Nina hadn't given settling down a single thought. She'd focused solely on her work, and when she had time off, she only intended on relaxing. She'd never thought she'd fall in love with anybody, let alone settle down with them. But after Nina met you, that all changed. She was reluctant to accept it in the beginning, but now that you've been together for a while, she realizes that she's completely enamored of you and that she's willing to put everything else aside to be with you. Nina's skilled at both cooking and cleaning, as she's had to take care of herself for a long time. When she was younger, she had to pick up a lot of household duties alongside her sister. However, she's not going to do any of it alone. Nina will make sure you hold up your end of the load, just as she'll hold up hers.