VII

On the other side of the city, Shubman sprawled across the bed, contemplating everything happening around him. The past few days were kind of alright compared to the emotional torture he endured a few months ago. But still, for every one step forward, life seemed to push him five steps backwards. It was honestly so unfair of God to subject them to all these troubles. Shubman couldn't think of any bad karma he might have done in this life to go through this, but what else could he do?

After a very long night at the morgue, he decided it would be best if he took a day off. Shubman thought he could spend some time with Hardik bhai, but he was suspiciously quiet and said he had some prior commitments. Ever since Ishan came back, he had been a bit off at times, but Shubman had let it slide because he had a lot to think about. However, after the day Ishan came to the station, something was seriously off. So he was trying to pry into it today, but Hardik bhai escaped. That's why he's currently on Shreyas' bed, spiralling into thoughts.

"Hey, here's your milk. Now tell me, what's the urgent tea you want to spill?" Shreyas rolled his eyes with a knowing smirk, sitting beside him on the bed with a glass of lemonade.

Shubman accepted the glass of milk from Shreyas, taking a moment to collect his thoughts before speaking. "I don't know, man. It's just... everything feels off lately. Hardik bhai's been acting strange, and I can't shake this feeling like something big is about to happen."

Shreyas nodded in understanding, taking a sip of his lemonade before responding. "Yeah, I've noticed it too. Ever since Ishan returned, things haven't been the same."

Shubman sighed heavily, running a hand through his hair in frustration. "I just wish I knew what was going on. It's like everyone's keeping secrets, and I'm left in the dark."

Shreyas placed a comforting hand on his friend's shoulder. "Hey, whatever it is, we'll figure it out together. You know you can always count on me."

A small smile tugged at the corners of Shubman's lips as he glanced at Shreyas. "Yes, I know that. That's why I'm here, my dearest Shrey bae." Shreyas just rolled his eyes in response.

But deep down, Shubman couldn't shake the feeling of impending doom looming over them, like a storm brewing on the horizon, ready to unleash its fury at any moment. As he sipped the cold milk, he couldn't help but replay the unsettling encounters with Ravi, the disturbing details of the case, and the growing sense of unease that seemed to permeate every aspect of his life.He lay on his bed, staring blankly at the ceiling, replaying the recent interactions with Hardik in his mind.

"Shrey, I can't shake this feeling that he's connected to everything that's been happening."Shreyas frowned, his brow furrowing in concern. "Do you think he's involved in all of this somehow?"

"I don't know," Shubman admitted, his voice heavy with uncertainty. "But I can't shake this feeling that there's something that we aren't seeing. And if Hardik is hiding it, we need to find out what it is before it's too late."

"Yes, I really hope you are just overthinking, and it's not true though. Harry bhai can't be doing all this nasty stuff. But even if he somehow got into trouble, we need to help him. His family would be in shambles if something bad happened. I don't even want to think about what Nat would go through."