I

"Can you please make that thing stop screaming?"

Shubman wasn't someone who was lazy to wake up in the morning. But today was different. The one who usually turns the alarm off a minute before it rings is taking his sweet time to open his eyes. The only reason?

Procrastination.

Today is the first hearing for his very important case. Special because it was the first one where he was the main officer. But why is he so reluctant to wake up? The Defence is going to be led by his very favourite lawyer. Luck was always on his side all his life so he's super excited about everything happening right now.

"Come on Shub! Don't be this difficult. You have to wake up now to reach there on time.""I would rather stay here until everything ends" chipped Shubman from under the blankets.

Shreyas kind of felt pity for the guy. It was their first case without their seniors guiding them and on top of that the killer had publicly taunted them a million times before they could get hold of him. Today's the first day of their case being presented in court and the last few weeks were absolute hell for them. To gather all the proofs against the killer was quite difficult as the witnesses kept changing their stance and some of the proofs were not strong enough to hold him accountable for all the cruel things he had done. And on top of that one of the most efficient lawyer groups in the country has been summoned to defend the killer. He just hopes they can somehow manage to escape public humiliation.

"Come on Mr. Gill! This is the final warning you're gonna get."

"Okay, I'm up Mr. Iyer. Why are you extra loud in the morning itself?" pouted Shubman.

Shreyas sighed while sitting on the edge of the bed "It's just, I couldn't sleep all night so I went for a run and drank a can of Redbull. My brain couldn't just stop you know? Ouch what was that for? " he said rubbing his head where Shubman just slapped.

"Why would you drink a caffeinated drink when your brain won't stop, idiot? You should have drank some camomile tea or something!"

"You know how much I hate those herbal shit! It's just so yuck" complained Shreyas."Well, that yucky stuff can help you get some sense. Now get off my bed lemme go and get ready.""Yes, Your Highness! As your wish"Shreyas ran out before he heard anything more.

"What was all the ruckus about?" Inquired Virat, while frantically picking up all the papers lying on their discussion table.

Hardik, who's helping him pack each sheet into a specific folder, quipped "Nothing out of the ordinary bhai! Just our Shreyas having a death wish. If we get news someday of him being killed I'll just assume Shub finally woke up and chose violence."

"Haha, very funny Harry," Shreyas said blankly. "Have you picked up everything for today's hearing Virat bhai?" He tried changing the topic to the main issue happening around them.

"Yes Shrey, we are all set. Even though I have a few uncertainties, hopefully, we can manage to hold the case for some time."

All they can do right now is pray for the truth to prevail and the justice goddess to be in their favour.

A/N: Sooo that was the first chapter! It's pretty short since I'm just starting out. Please tell me if there is anything that I'd have to improve or change. My DMs will be always open to constructive criticism but please be gentle with me cuz I'm fragile, okay? But I can handle it .. just sugarcoat it a bit. Okay, that's it! I hope you had a great love day! Sending lots of love and kisses lovelies. Au revoir, mon amour!🩷