II

The court compound was filled with journalists and reporters from all around the country. They were anticipating the arrival of the notorious killer who had been the reason for the country's sleepless nights for the past year. People are still bewildered to know a single man could do all these gruesome things. He must be a true psychotic person to kill even a 4-year-old. The entire nation wants to know the reason he has done it all.

"Live from district court premises, today is a very important day for India as we are finally going to get some answers. Today is the preliminary trial of the scarlet hound case. We are now waiting for the arrival of the police force and the notorious killer. We can see the defence lawyer arriving at the court. They have requested not to comment right now so let us discuss how the case has been going so far"

Ishan can't honestly breathe. It's not because he will be defending one of the most heartless people in the country right now. It's not even because he will be leading the defence on his own. It's not his first case but this one is different. It's not every day he's going to face his gang in the court and there has never been a situation where they have come face to face. So to say Ishan is panicking would be an understatement. He's hyperventilating. He feels like he might pass out-

"Aree Ishu just breathe! They are not going to eat you" Rishabh said patting him on his back.

"How on earth are you being so chill about this Rish? The entire world's eyes are on us! We are going to be dragged by the media for defending him!"

"Don't lie to yourself, Ishu. We both know you are not panicking about that."

Rishabh was right. But how can he just admit meeting his 'favourite people' after 2 years is gonna be exciting? So he kept his mouth shut and hid his head in the file he was reading for the hundredth time today.

When he was first called by his senior to his office one month ago he had no clue what he was signing up for. There were some very important people gathering in the office and he was handed over the file of his new case.

When they all left he inquired his superior " Rohit bhaiya why did you transfer such an important case to me? I'm not sure if I can handle this honestly"

Rohit chuckled " Ishu this is a very important case but luckily you wouldn't have to struggle a lot. There are several evidences that the police were not able to solve so it's pretty easy to win this. And it's about time you dealt with some press and attention"

To be the junior of the popular Supreme Court defence lawyer was not an easy task. Every day you are thrown into intense situations and have to learn new ways to overcome them. Rohit is patient enough to explain how to navigate this very tough terrain without losing much of one's soul. After all, they have helped some guilty people to escape severe punishment. People joke you need to be a "Criminal" lawyer to be this successful but well, they are not completely wrong.

"Ishu, they are about to call in our case." Rishabh woke him up from his daydreams.

"Can I run away through those bushes behind the building Rish? I don't think I can do this."

"We don't have time for me to even sit and motivate you! Run away it seems .. please pick all the papers and follow me"

Ishan silently followed him without saying anything

"All of you please stand for the Judge"

The court was full house because everyone was curious to see the proceedings as well as to have a glimpse of the one who did these heinous acts. He was brought to the court with his head covered and was heavily guarded by the police so they couldn't see him outside the court premises.

Ishan did glance over to the prosecution side while running into his position for certain someone but he couldn't find him as they were on criminal guarding duty outside the room.

Crime no. 289/2024 Mumbai Police Station

"The prosecution side is present, my lord"

"The defendants are present, my lord"

"Everyone please be seated" said the judge.

The clerk called out "The accused is requested to be presented to the court."The court was suddenly so quiet. The door opens and Shubman enters the room first followed by Hardik and Shreyas. Then he enters.

"Crime no. 289/2024 Accused number 1 Ravindra Jadeja"

A/N: I really don't know what to write honestly. But I would like to say I love every single one of ICT so much, okay? Please don't cancel me. I also love you too. I have so much love to give out. If you want more love just message.. I will send some to your home. So that's it! I hope you have a great day habibti. Maa Salaama.🩷