VI

Trigger warning: Graphic description of a crime ahead. Please proceed with caution and skip if you are uncomfortable.

"Yes bhaiya, please come in!"

Ishan had been on a cleaning spree since morning, more like afternoon, woken up by countless messages tings from Rishabh. He still wasn't in the mood to talk so he decided to take a leave because anyway he didn't have any cases that day and it was just studying the case day. He texted Dhruv last night to send in the files he needed to study in the afternoon. It might not have sat well with Rishabh not knowing it directly from Ishan. But he can't deal with everything all at once. One step at a time.

When he woke up and found the entire apartment messy, quickly decided to clean up every single foodpacks from yesterday. He is thanking all gods for not drinking or else he would have to deal with that too. It felt like yesterday when he went on a total drinking spree 2 years ago to deal with all the things that happened. But after a very tough 6 months, he was successfully sober and now he likes to have occasional beers here and there.

Well after making the home presentable, he took a quick shower just in time for Dhruv to come in. He did mention Rishabh was being passive-aggressive as usual to everyone and checking his phone every 10 minutes. After a good chat, he passively sent Dhruv away before Hardik bhaiyya came in. He liked Dhruv, he's now officially his favourite junior intern, but he didn't trust him enough with this kinda information.

"Ooh, you've finally got that painting that you were talking about all day. And you're right it really looks perfect on that wall."

"Yes yes, you know how great my art skills are!" Ishan grinned.

"You could have rented a house a bit nearer to my flat, you know."

"No bhaiyya this is better. I don't think I can handle even accidentally meeting him on a regular basis. So I specifically looked for the one out of his police station jurisdiction. Well, enough of all that. I saw the news last day, did it really happen? Does this have any connection to what you were going to tell me?" Ishan questioned, changing the subject.

"Sadly yes, I was really hoping my sources were all wrong. But so far it's going exactly like I heard."

"It all started last January for us. That's when a special team was appointed by Harmanpreet Madam. Shubman had recently been appointed as ACP after being a very successful part of the Bohra case. So it was very special for him. And as usual, we got a few from the gang, Shreyas, and Siraj. We had Raina Sir too. Everything was good in that aspect but the problem was the killings kind of increased after we formed the squad. So the minister was furious and as usual Kaur ma'am was on us."

"I read the crime file and it was a bit confusing. Why were the CCTV visuals different from those of the initial few killings? It is definitely not camera distortion but then why would you guys write so? Bhaiyya you know it would be an issue, right?"

"Ya about that, I think I should start from the ways we actually went through.The first body was found on the outskirts of the city, near Vasai. Since it was out of our jurisdiction we were not present during any of the proceedings. The body was found in a very vacant plot near the highway, so it was found only 2 days after obviously it had started decaying. The face had three big 3 scars and the hands were tied with a scarlet ribbon like a bow. The abdomen region had a big stitch going from the rib to the waist. And during the autopsy, we realised all the organs were removed. completely professional and clean work. The victim was a 29-year-old male who was later identified as a contractor's son who was working as an IT professional here in Mumbai. We initially thought he was a victim of organ trafficking. But it was so unusual to clear out the body and leave in that manner."