five.

it's good to give empathy.

even if you don't receive empathy back.

at least you can be that person to someone else.

"Choi Dallia!"

"yes, Eomma?"

"study harder, alright? I don't want you to end up like me, a pathetic divorcee who has to balance jobs."

"I will, Eomma. And you are not pathetic, you try your best."

"thank you, my daughter."

"oh fucking hell."

"hey kid, you alright?"

"I'm fucking fantastic, thank you so much."

Dallia raised her eyebrow. "if you're so fucking fantastic, why would you look like your mother stuffed something in your ass?"

"because she did."

"ah well, mother's are like that sometimes, always nagging up our asses."

"now what do you know about nagging mothers?"

"because I have one."

"damn."

"what's your name, kid?"

"Niki. Nishimura Riki."

"well, Niki. no matter what, don't give up, alright? mothers may sometimes be nagging, but most of them try their best to support their kids as best as they can."

Niki scoffed. "I doubt she is."

"when you get older, you'll understand."

"noona? can I call you noona?"

"sure."

"noona, if she really love me, why would she not want to support my dream to dance and sing? I want to be like those idols I see on TV."

"when I was little, I've always dreamed of becoming a detective because of a dumb movie I watched. but now, I don't have that dream anymore. There are some dreams that we want to do, but there are others that are just there for a short while. If you truly love dancing and singing, and you can imagine that you can do it for the rest of your life, then go for it. But if you're not sure, it's better to back out before it's too late."

"noona, I truly think I can do it."

"then go for it, Niki, go for it. Don't give a what about what your Eomma thinks."

Nishimura Riki turned out to be a kid from the grade below them at Seoul Academy.

"Niki!"

"noona!"

"how are you? did you take my advice?"

"I did, but I decided to not become an idol."

Niki's confession had Dallia in shock. "why?"

"my Eomma was right. she had seen the pressure and hardships of idols, and she doesn't want me to suffer going down that path. So, I've decided to become a dance instructor intern at a nearby studio."

"that's great, I'm so proud of you!"

"thank you, noona. Wait, I didn't even ask for your name..."

"Dallia. Choi Dallia."

"thank you, Dallia noona."

"you don't have to thank me."

"but I do. do you want to come with me to the arcade later?"

"I--I don't know if I--"

"please noona!!"

"oh alright."

"yay!"

"why is Dallia talking to that kid?"

"you sure you're not jealous, Park Sunghoon?"

"oh shut it, Lee Yuna. You don't know me."

"oh but I do know you, Park Sunghoon."

"are you trying--"

"don't worry, Dallia's all yours, I'm not taking her away from you."

Seeing Yuna's teasing smirk made Sunghoon frustrated.

"were you always this annoying, even to Dallia?"

"don't you dare doubt our friendship, Park Sunghoon! You've only been friends with Dallia for the past weeks, but I've been friends with Dallia since we were in fucking kindergarden."

"you do have a point."

"nice to know that."