Chapter 6

AN: Hope you enjoyed the fun fact in the last chapter! I'll try to find more as there was a positive reaction to it, anyways, enjoy reading!

*Dabi POV - Later same day*

I sat on the sofa across from Toga. She was redoing Izuku's hair dye and had just put it in a hair net thing to let it cover his hair fully as it had gotten quite long.
"So Izuku, how was your day today?"
"Oh.. uhmm.. it was OK, I guess." He hung his head slightly and fiddled with the zip of his hoodie, filling the room with the irritating noise. I leant forward on the sofa and glared at him.
"Izuku. What happened."
Toga had stopped mucking about with the hair dye, now realising how serious I was being. He sighed and reached for the bag that was strewn on the floor beside the sofa. Gropping inside it, he pulled out a bundle of paper and threw it so it landed at my feet. Picking it up, I saw the headline, and my hands started shaking slightly.

*News paper Artical*

Last night Inko Midoriya, the remaining of the Midoriya family, died in a house fire. At this time, she was at an associates house when a villain attack occurred just outside the residence. One of these villains had a gas quirk, and, most unfortunately, the homeowners had candles burning, causing the gas to catch aflame. We believe there are no other casualties but are unable to tell at this time. Three others were harmed in the fire, Katsuki Bakugo, Mitsuki Bakugo, and Masaru Bakugou. They have suffered a few severe burns but are to be questions in case of them knowing any information on the villains.

Police think that there might be a connection between a closed case, the disappearance of Izuku Midoriya, who went missing almost 6 years ago. This might mean that Inko had information on what happened to Izuku, so he might still be alive.

The article ended and went on to talk about how the temperatures were to drop into the negatives by next week, making it the coldest it had been in Japan in this time of year since 1865.
"I'm guessing you read the whole thing?" I looked up from the newspaper to find Toga reading the article over my shoulder, showing no sign of emotion on her face. Izuku was watching us curiosity etched across his face.
"What's so curious, Zuzu?" Toga had looked up now, puzzled by his expression.
"Oh nothing.. I was just wondering if my old man was still here if he had died in the fire as well." He shrugged slightly then leaned back against the opposite sofa as I roared with laughter. One main thing meand Izuku had in common was absolute hatred for our fathers. His had abused from the age of four to eight, only stopping when he left for business. Mine had used me and then ignored me for my younger siblings... other than when I got burnt.

I felt a slap around the back of my head, making me bite my tongue.
"What the fu- oh. Hiya Hawks!" I grinned.

[AN: This is a ship! I'm sorry, but I just have to. It will not be completely obvious, but i thought i would be best to tell you. This and ErasureMic are the only ships in books, though, any complaints just say!]

He leaned down and gave me a hug. I blushed slightly before sending Izuku a death glare as he was making weird faces at us.
"You on patrol tonight, Izuku." Hawks stood up and walked to Toga handing her a pastry, "A thanks for the hospitality  after I nearly got you caught the other night.. sorry bout that, by the way."
"Eh! I don't care. I got free sugar food!" She patted Hawks on the head and walked off, leaving him slightly shocked and me and Izuku stuffing our fists in our mouths in an effort not to laugh at Hawks' face.
"So. Are you on patrol tonight?"
Quickly regaining composure, izuku sat up and fiddled with the hair cap.
"Yup. I'm not going to miss it. I think Aizawa will have a heart attack if I did. Only times I missed it I left a note just to p[]ss him off." He grinned, "I'll be leaving after Toga helps me wash my hair out as I can't see the back of my head, but she can."
"Heh. Well, have fun! Endeavour is trailing ErasureHead tonight, so be on high alert."
"Gotcha Hawks, cya soon."
Izuku then got up and left to find Toga who a few minutes later came back through the room covered in powder sugar grumbling to herself as a petrified Izuku trailed behind her with a angry red mark on his face.
"Well then, I can guess what has happened.." Hawks' eyes followed them as they walked across the room. He then sat on the sofa and leaned his back against my shoulder, his wings curled around him like a blanket.