-18-

paul sat alone in the cave

paul sat alone in the cave. his legs dangling across the stairs which lead down to the round sand pit.

jessica walks up behind him, "i'm sorry about mili." she says. "she'll come to understand." paul sadly says.

"i've seen it." he says.

"you can see." jessica states.

"the visions are clear now." he responds.

he slightly lifts his hand, "i see possible futures.. all at once." he moves his hand to the left.

"our enemies are all around us." he begins. he moves his hand into a straight line and moves it forward. "but in so many futures, they all prevail. but i do see a way. there is a narrow way through.

he looks at his mother. "i saw our bloodline, mother. written across time." he says, turning.

"you're the daughter of baron vladimir harkonnen." he sternly says. jessica looks at him with wide eyes.

"did my father know?" he asks.

"i didn't know myself until i took the worms poison." she says in return.

he smiles a little in melancholy, "we're harkonnens." he sighs. "so this is how we survived. being harkonnens." he finishes

-

the sand in the south was not like the north. it was dark, gray, and rocky unlike the north's smooth, soft, white sands.

paul walked toward the south's leader's sietch with power. every fremen in the entire planet stood either inside, or outside the sietch. waiting for paul.

a sand worm ascended into the air behind him and back into the ground as he approached the sietch. all eyes were on him.

once he made it to the large crowd standing outside the sietch, they all moved making him a path. some bowed, some silently prayed for safety. some just clutched their stillsuits.

his hood was up yet he still stood out. nobody dared to even mess with him. he was paul muad'dib. everyone had heard of the muad'dib.

once he made it past the crowd he seen his mother and all the bene gesserits.

-

all the fremen sang and prayed together. they all sat on their knees and mumbled sweet nothings. occasionally saying a word or two in unison.

chani, holding milis hand ran up to stilgar.

"stilgar, we must talk." chani says. stilgar ignores her, continuing his prayers. "stilgar. you can stop this. do you hear me? you have the power to stop this." mili says.

"hey! northern women! you do not have the powers to speak here!" a man yells. "if you want to speak, you know what to do."

"stilgar, please!" chani says. the fremen man waves his hand for the two to be taken away. "for arrakis's sake." mili continues.