3 - A Kick Back to Reality

I woke up the next day at 6:30am. I got dressed in the tiny tour bus bathroom and went outside. We were parked outside the venue and they were unloading things inside. Tomorrow was the day of our first show and I couldn't be more nervous. This was my first fan meet up. I walked back on the tour bus and Hayes passed by me and said, "hey best friend with no makeup." I laughed and about forty-five minutes later we were in a dance studio going over our parts for the show. At the end, fans are supposed to come on stage and the boys slow dance with them. Since no boys go to the show, Alyssa and I were left with no one to slow dance with so I had to slow dance with Hayes and she had to slow dance with Alec.

"I know it's gonna be awkward since you guys barely know each other." The instructer said.

"No, we're good friends", Hayes said.

A few hours later Hayes and I wanted to go somewhere while we were off for the rest of the day, so we went to the Mall of Oregon. Once we walked in 3 fans came running to him. This made me realize I wasn't the only person who liked him. Reality kicked in ...

"So are you guys like dating or what? Because you should date. We saw your livestream last night and we saw that kiss", one girl said smirking.

"So let's give them what they want", Hayes said as his sea blue eyes closed and he put his hands around my back. He kissed me and...

"Right Megan?" Hayes and the fans were waiting for me to answer.

"Wait what?" I guess I was imagining him kissing me. That was disappointing.

"We're just really good friends." Hayes said waiting for me to agree.

"Uh, yeah. Just. Friends." I said angerly in my mind but out loud I said sweet.

How many times can a person say "just friends" in one day. I never thought being friendzoned would actually happen to me. I think Hayes should win an award for friendzoning. I need to hint that I don't wanna be just friends... but how.

Soon the girls walked away and Hayes and I saw a movie together. His hand touched mine at one point but he pulled it away unknowingly. At another point I pretended I was "tired", so I leaned my head on his shoulder and he didn't flinched. I even linked my arm with his while my head was on his shoulder and he didn't question it. I knew one more thing I can do that will really get his attention.