Five

The rest of the day went pretty smoothly, besides everyone mocking her for tripping over. "What's with the long face?" Sarah's father, James, asked. "I'm just tired" Sarah lied, she didn't want to tell James the truth "Don't you have homework?" James looked over at her "I do" She yawned "You go to bed, I can do it." Sarah smiled, her cheekbones showing "No you've done enough already" Sarah looked outside of her window, people walking on the sidewalk with their puppies, birds flying up to the tree where their eggs laid, it seemed like a beautiful day.

"Speaking about doing enough, I got a promotion!" James said with happiness in his voice "That's amazing!" Sarah stopped looking out of the clear window so she could look at her father, shes happy for him; he's been working at the same job for ten years, he deserves a promotion. "I wanted to tell you and Walker together but.." James looked up at the rearview mirror "Where is your brother?" Jame's eyes went back to the road "He's walking home with Elle" Sarah informed her father. "Elle, hmm?" Jame's had a sly smirk on his face, suggesting something "Walker and Elle aren't dating if you were thinking about it" Jame's laughed at his daughter "come on, they would be such a nice couple" 

Sarah rolled her brown eyes afterwards, Walker didn't like Elle and Elle didn't like Walker, it was pretty obvious. "They do not like each other" She looked back out the window, getting closer to her house "I will give you twenty pounds if they don't get together. If they do, you better pay up" James slowed the car down as they made it to their neighborhood "deal" Sarah agreed, she can't wait to get her money. 

James parked the car, his index finger pressed down on the unlock button making a slight click sound. Sarah opened the car door then closed it with a slam "Do your homework, okay?" James got out the house keys from his jean pants "I heard it will be snowing soon" James added on, a smile brought to Sarah's face "It hasn't snowed in forever!" She started to get excited "Don't get to excited champ, do all your homework before you go outside" James said while he put the golden key in the keyhole, unlocking the front door.

"Your mum is at the store" James told his daughter before closing the door "so its just me and you, huh?" Sarah walked through the house, enjoying the silence "Hmh, now shoot" Sarah laughed at her fathers actions, she then went to her room and closed the door. 

She took off her bag and placed it on her bed, unzipped it to grab out her three paged homework about history, one of the worse subjects. She soon went over to her desk, pulled out the chair and sat on it with the yellow pencil in her right hand. A sigh escaped her lips when she read the instructions on what she had to do, write a five paragraph essay on the topic, she was known to be a horrible writer.

*Beep*

Her phone rang, she decided to ignore it because the assignment meant more to her, and it was a huge part of her grade,

*Beep*

It rang again for the second time. She looked over at her phone that was laying on the corner of the desk, a notification from instagram. She reached for her phone, it surely would take a few seconds to reply.

CHARLIE  

Charlie: Sarah I have a question

Charlie: Sarah

Charlie: SARAHHHHHH

Sarah: What do you want? I'm doing homework before

you interrupted me 😑

Charlie:  Does Tara like Nick??