28.

"Come on bhabhi, it's your birthday. You definitely deserve some self-pampering." Mukti pleaded, putting her best efforts into convincing Adhira to treat herself to a salon session.

"But-

"I'll give you company and don't you want some amazing birthday pictures." Mukti
cut off Adhira, before she could even begin.

"Bhabhi toh ek bahana hai, yeh bol ki tujhe bhi parlour jaana hai." Saanvika exclaimed as she peeled off the apples, sitting on the couch in the living room.

[Bhabhi is just an excuse, just say that you also want to go to the parlour]

"Haw Mummy." Mukti quickly shifted her head in Adhira's direction as she shook her head saying.

Bhabhi, it's nothing like that, I am just really excited for your birthday and I want everything perfect, even the pictures."

Adhira's lip curled in to a genuine smile at Mukti's unwavering excitement. This girl had been trailing behind her since the morning.

Adhira didn't have the heart to say no looking at Mukti's pleading face, but she had a ton of packing left to be done.

"Mummy aap bolo na bhabhi ko." Mukti asked her mother for the help. 

"Chali ja beta. Besides, Kabir will be home soon, he will take you both to the salon." She suggested to Adhira, who sat in front
of her, helping her.

[You should go]

"Bhabhi, say yes. Please please, please." Mukti pleaded, sitting on her knees on the rug in front of Adhira.

"Alright, alright!" Adhira exclaimed, not able to resist her puppy eyes.

Mukti launched herself at Adhira, pulling her into a tight hug. "Thank youuuuuuu!"

Adhira despised going to the salon. The thought of sitting in one place for hours while someone tugged at her hair, irritated her to no end.

But she was ready to tolerate anything, as long as it brought a smile to Mukti's face.

•  •  •

Vikram breathed a sigh of relief as he finally departed from his office. The past few days had been filled with overtime work, trying to wrap up his workload and attend count-less meetings before he leaves for their trip tomorrow.

He remembered how shy she had appeared after their fitting room escapade. Even though she helped him in selecting clothes for him but she never for once met his gaze.

Although he loved making her blush, being the reason of her red cheek. But he equally hated when she wouldn't look him in the eyes.

His heart brimmed with anticipation as
he looked forward to have his wife all to himself for whole three blissful days. No distractions, no interruptions, just the two of them.

~Yeh dil tum bin kahin lagta nahin~

The sweet melody flowed through his car's speakers, filling in the air with soothing atmosphere, as he drove towards his home, his wife.

Parking the car, he stepped out of it, after grabbing his laptop bag and phone from
the front seat, and made his way in to the house.

As Vikram entered the living room, he was greeted by Veer, who sat with their Choti Maa, engrossed in a random comedy show that was playing on the television.

Saanvika left to fetch a glass of water for him while Vikram planted his tired body
on the couch, next to Veer.

"So how was your day?" Vikram questioned his brother, getting his attention.