Longing in Silence

The quiet of Olivia Benson's house was suffocating as she paced the living room, her heart pounding with anticipation as she awaited the return of her girlfriend, Alexandra Cabot. The clock on the wall ticked away the seconds, each one feeling like an eternity as Olivia's longing for Alex's touch grew with every passing moment.

She had gotten out of work earlier than Alex, and the hours had stretched on endlessly in her solitude. As the sky darkened outside the window, Olivia's desperation for Alex's presence only intensified, a gnawing ache in her chest that refused to be ignored.

Finally, the sound of keys in the lock shattered the silence, and Olivia's heart leaped into her throat as she rushed to greet Alex at the door. But as she caught sight of her girlfriend's weary expression, the weight of the world etched into the lines of her face, Olivia's excitement faltered, replaced by a pang of guilt.

"Hey, Alex," Olivia greeted softly, her voice tinged with disappointment as she took in the exhaustion in Alex's blue eyes.

Alex managed a tired smile, dropping her bag by the door as she stepped into the house. "Hey, Liv. Sorry I'm late. It was a tough day at the office."

Olivia's heart sank at the thought of adding to Alex's burdens, of burdening her with her own desires and needs when she was clearly already stretched thin. But as Alex moved to pass her, Olivia couldn't help but reach out, her hand finding Alex's and holding on tight.

"Alex, wait," Olivia murmured, her voice thick with emotion as she searched her girlfriend's eyes for some sign of understanding.

Alex paused, turning to face Olivia with a furrowed brow. "What is it, Liv?"

Tears welled in Olivia's eyes as she struggled to find the words to express the ache in her heart, the longing that had consumed her in Alex's absence. "I... I missed you, Alex. So much. I just... I need you."

For a moment, there was silence between them, the weight of Olivia's confession hanging heavy in the air. And then, without a word, Alex closed the distance between them, wrapping Olivia in a tight embrace as if to shield her from the world.

"I'm here, Liv," Alex whispered, her voice a gentle reassurance in the darkness. "I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere."

And as they stood together in the quiet of Olivia's house, their bodies pressed together in a silent embrace, Olivia knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would face them together – united in their love and their longing for each other's touch.