Shadows of Doubt

The air in Olivia's house was heavy with tension as Alexandra Cabot stood in the living room, her heart pounding in her chest as she faced her girlfriend, Olivia Benson. Detective Elliot Stabler's words echoed in her mind, casting a shadow of doubt over everything she thought she knew.

"You kissed Rollins?" Alex's voice was barely a whisper, her blue eyes searching Olivia's brown ones for some semblance of truth amidst the chaos.

Olivia's jaw tightened, her gaze dropping to the floor as shame and guilt washed over her. "It was... It was a mistake, Alex. I was drunk, and it just... happened."

Alex felt a surge of anger rising inside her, threatening to consume her with its intensity. "And you didn't think to tell me? To be honest with me?"

Olivia reached out, her hand trembling as she reached for Alex's, seeking solace in her touch. "I wanted to, Alex. I swear I did. But then Elliot... he said something, and I didn't know how to tell you without making it worse."

Alex's heart ached at the pain etched into Olivia's features, the vulnerability in her eyes tearing at her soul. Taking a deep breath, she forced herself to push aside her own hurt and anger, focusing instead on the woman she loved.

"Tell me what happened, Liv," Alex pleaded, her voice softening as she reached out to cup Olivia's cheek. "I want to hear your side of the story."

And so, Olivia poured out her heart, recounting the events of that fateful night with a raw honesty that left Alex reeling. It was a story of blurred lines and misplaced trust, of mistakes made in a moment of weakness and regret that lingered like a shadow over their relationship.

As Olivia spoke, Alex's heart broke for the pain her girlfriend had endured, the weight of her guilt crushing her beneath its unforgiving burden. And yet, amidst the turmoil, there was a glimmer of hope – a flicker of truth amidst the tangled web of deceit.

"I believe you, Liv," Alex whispered, her voice filled with conviction as she pulled Olivia into a tight embrace. "I believe in us."

And in that moment, amidst the shattered remnants of their trust and the wounds that still lingered, Alexandra Cabot and Olivia Benson found solace in each other's arms, their love stronger than ever in the face of adversity. And as they held onto each other, they knew that together, they could weather any storm that came their way.