5 revised

Leah's POV

I was just talking to Kali, when I heard Georgia yell that we had to go back inside.

I walked inside with my jacket in my hand. And I caught up to her.

"Sooooo, who was that, and why does she have your jacket?" She asks me.

"I know what your assuming and I did not do anything with her. I accidentally spilled my coffee on her and she was wearing a white shirt, so I gave her my jacket to cover up with. Nothing else." I tell her, deciding not to mention that we met at the charity gala.

"Hmm sure." After that she seemed to drop it.

We make it back to the locker room, where the rest of the team are celebrating a little. Can't get our hopes up too high, the tournament is barely beginning.

Sarina does a quick speech once we all get in there. Just saying what we need to work on and what we did good. After that we get back on the coach to get a ride back to our hotel, since tomorrow morning we would drive back St. George's Park. Since we had about 5 days until our next game.

Until I saw Kali again.

And tomorrow we had recovery, along with some short recovery today as well. Then we had some more training the day after. And then just a rest day before the game, so we aren't all tired and stuff before.

Later that day once we got back to our hotel, I was in bed, while Keira was with Lucy in her room. I was just on my phone, when I saw that I got a notification from instagram.

*Kali Wilson has followed you*

I look at the name and see it's Kali. I go look at her page and, oh shit. She's an F1 driver. So that's her work.

I start scrolling on her page and see that there's a bunch of pictures of her driving the car, or just in the race suit. She looks so hot. There are some photos of her with other drivers, and I see two of the med that were with her the night of the charity gala, that kept the man away from us. It looks like they are also drivers, Max Verstappen and Charles Lecrec. They seem like good friends. There's some of randoms things, like a plant and her coffee.

I do some stalking and see that she drives for Red Bull with Max. And she just posted a photo of Beth scoring. She congratulated us on the first win of the tournament.

Actually there's seems to be a lot of pictures of soccer matches on her page. It seems like a few days after each race she goes to a match where they race took place.

After the Australian Grand Prix, it seems she went to an Adelaide United FC Women's game. She seems to go to a bunch of games.

But what is kinda crazy is that she already follows like half of the team. She follows Lucy, Kiera, Lotte, Alesia, Ella, and more of the girls.

I wonder why she hasn't followed me.

I end up stalking her page for another 10 minutes before it starts getting late.

I so my nightly routine and go to bed.

----

Kali's POV
July 10
Austrian Grand Prix

Today was the Austrian Grand Prix at Spielberg. Yesterday we had the Qualifying races. And I made it to Q3.

Not thing really happened during Q1, other Sebastian Vettel being dropped down to 20th. Same thing with Q2. But Lando didn't make it to qualifying 3, he said that his car was experiencing braking issues.

In Q3 Lewis spun out and hit the gravel and a barrier. In the end it ended up with max in first Charles in second, Carlos in third. And me in fourth.

Today is the actual race. I'm starting in fourth. They race was going good, I would say. I didn't end up on the podium, but I got fourth so still good. Charles got first, max second, and Lewis third.

After the race we all celebrate, with some champagne being thrown on Charles, max and Lewis.

After the race I went to my interview.

"Hello, and here we have Kali Wilson, who got fourth place today. How do you feel about your performance today." The reporter says into the microphone while someone behind the camera hands be another microphone.

"Hey, yeah. I feel good about today and my performance. I know there is places I can improve so I plan to do that. But overall I'm pretty happy," I say.

"So Kali you started an organization other female athletes in the UK, to get funding to women's sports. And supporting girls who want to play those sports. Can you tell us more about that?" She says. That makes me happy, knowing people are actually talking about what we're doing and it isn't all failing.

"Yes we'll basically we started it because a lot of sports are male dominated because young girls don't get the resources and support to pursue the sport they like. F1 driving or any racing in general is a great example of this. There have be 5 women in F1 in its 74 years of history, I'm the 6th. This sport is one a lot more women can join if they had the resources. Football is another. Now there are women's leagues and professional teams. But how many of those women had to start off in boys teams or were forced off their team because they were girls and weren't allowed to play. So many of them. So this non-profit organization is to help get girls those resources. Making a league for girls in schools or clubs, instead of just boys. Or a racing center that can be easily afforded, so if a little girl or boy want to try racing they can. That's what we want to do with our organization." I say very enthusiastic about what I want to do with what I want to do.

"Thank you for that information. And again congratulations on the win."

I hand the mic back and head back to the Red Bull pit to change and then head out to my apartment in London.

All I want to do is sleep.

••••••••••••••••••••

A/n

Hello

So this chapter has also been revised, I wrote the Austrian race and the interview a bit different. I realize that I haven't replaced a Kali with a certain driver so imma just say Sergio has been replaced.