Chapter 2: Kidnapped

..

"Thank you so much, Yelena," said Suzie and Sadie, the identical twins who were part of the town choir. 

"Of course," said Yelena. "It was no problem at all."

After giving the buns to the twins, Yelena was done delivering. She was quite relieved, and quite hungry too. It was already one o'clock, and her breakfast had been eaten at six a.m. that morning.

As Yelena was riding her bike home, she noticed something strange. That is, she heard a strange sound. It was as if someone, or something, was hiding in the bushes. That was the last thing she heard before something hard hit her head, and she fell to the ground.

...

Yelena slowly opened her eyes. She was lying on a cold, marble floor. She groaned and pushed herself up to a sitting position. Where am I? Yelena thought. She looked around. She was in a big, circular room. The room appeared to be a throne room of some sort. That is, there was a large plush throne in the back of the room, and seated on it was a man.

The man was quite tall and old, and had wrinkly skin and was wearing midnight blue robes. Perched on his shoulder was a raven, and in his hand he carried what looked like a gnarly old wooden walking stick. But in reality, it was actually a staff. A wizard's staff.

"Who are you, and where am I?" Yelena demanded. The wizard seated on the throne ignored her. He continued talking to the man at his side. The man also appeared to be a wizard, but younger. He had curly black hair and strikingly dark blue eyes. He was dressed in dark green robes and also carried a staff. 

"Be quiet, you," the wizard in green snapped.

Yelena blinked in surprise, but didn't say a word. 

Eventually, the two men stopped talking and the one on the throne turned to look at her. "Allow me to introduce myself," he said. "I am the Great Wizard, leader of the Dark Wizard Society. You are at our headquarters." 

"What do you want from me?" Yelena asked. 

"Nothing but your skills and cooperation," the Great Wizard said mysteriously.

Seriously not helpful. At all, thought Yelena. Yet again though, she had the sense to keep her mouth shut.

"My name is Darius Miller," said the other wizard. "You see, we have a plan. And it requires a baker. A magical baker."

"Thanks, but I'm not magical," snapped Yelena. "So why don't you let me go and find someone else to do your dirty work?"

Darius simply smirked at her. "Oh, you don't have to be a magician. We just need someone who can use magical ingredients, can keep their mouth shut when asked, and isn't old enough to figure out how to escape."

"And you think that I'm going to listen to you?" Yelena asked. She scoffed. "Well, I'm afraid that you-"

"I don't care what you think," Darius snapped. "You will do as I say, or you will be punished. Am I understood?" 

Yelena gulped. "Yes."

"Good. Now Follow me," said Darius.

..

521 words