Chapter 1: The Beginning of Everything

Haru, a young boy, about 13 years of age, is waiting eagerly for his dearest parents to arrive. He was left alone for about a week in the care of his arrogant older siblings as his parents, who were the king and queen of the Kim Mafia dynasty, had to go abroad for an important business trip. Poor Haru felt so lonely these days because his siblings were always mean to him as his father, the king, had already declared him as the next king.

The doorbell rings.

Haru jumps out of his study table in excitement to meet his parents after a whole week. But... As he goes downstairs, he could hear people in the mansion sobbing and crying and each one mumbling, 'Long live the king and queen'.
And then, the most dreadful moment of his life comes into his vision- a moment he never wished to come.
His parents were lying on the floor, lifeless, their bodies covered in blood.

'Eomma, Appa... ', Haru gasps seeing his parents in that condition.

"Young master, your eomma, appa got into a car accident while returning from the airport.. The doctors couldn't save them." the guard informs him.

Haru just stands there like a statue, watching the most precious people in his life leaving him alone.

6 years later:

Haru has completely changed since that incident. Once upon a time, he used to be a cheerful and kind boy but now.. he has turned into a ruthless and cold teen.

Though his father passed away and he was supposed to be the next king, his older brother, Hancheol, became the next king by giving the excuse that Haru was too young.

Haru has turned 19 now. He is now studying in Kongkuk University. Most of the time he stays alone there and is always occupied by certain books- a typical nerd. Even at home, he would stay locked in his room. Wherever he felt lonely, he looked at the picture of his parents and pretended to talk to them to relieve out the stress of his mind.

Everything was going on as usual until... A new student came in his class. Little did he know that she would change his whole life...

A usual morning of his dreadful life. Haru was sitting at his desk, reading a book. Just then, the teacher arrived. Haru stood up to wish her 'Good morning' like the others.

"Good morning students! We've a new student here! " the teacher informs.

The new student, a girl- fair and slim, with a wide and cheerful smile- enters the classroom.

"Hi everyone! I'm Kim Nami! " she smiles and greets everyone. "I come from a farmer's family in Daegu. I got a scholarship to study here. I hope to enjoy with you all!"

"Welcome here, Nami! " the teacher greets. "You can go and sit near Haru. Haru, please stand up!"

'Ugh! Why me??' Haru thinks to himself. He stands up hesitantly and greets the new student with a small bow.

During the class time, Haru keeps on glancing at Nami. His eyes notice every single feature of her face- her sharp eyes, V-shaped jawline, fair skin. Without knowing, his cheeks heat up looking at her. 'She looks cute!' he thinks to himself.

The bell rings and the class ends. Nami looks at Haru and is about to start a conversation just then, a girl comes seductively towards Haru. She comes at their desk and places both her hands on Haru's shoulder.

"Baby.. ", she whispers.

Haru gets annoyed and rolls his eyes. "What do you want?"