14°

As soon as Liam stopped the car I almost screamed.

In front of us was one of the highest priced restaurants in the whole city.

-You've got to be kidding me!- I exclaimed, my heart already aching to empty my wallet.

He shook his head smiling in amusement, even the driver looked at him evilly.

-He's not going to charge the miss!- He was incredulous, Jake shrugged quietly.

-She lost the bet.- he said simply, waving me off.

He was right, I had asked for it.

I got out with a grimace on my face and opened the door for him, huffing.

Holding his cane tightly, he gracefully clung to my arm and let me lead him to the entrance; for a moment I was tempted to enter somewhere else.

When I opened the door I held back an exclamation of wonder.

A huge room stood before our eyes, the entire opposite wall was made up of huge windows that were covered by huge white silk curtains.

Lots and lots of round tables covered with large white tablecloths were scattered around the room, the floor was made of light wood, the walls were white and the edge of the ceiling was dotted with spotlights giving off a warm light.

Apparently he had already booked, in my name, so we sat down immediately.

People were looking at me like I was a beggar, but I was more bothered by the looks they were giving the guy in front of me.

I grabbed the menu as if it might bite me and opened it with all the willpower I had.

At my choked scream when I saw the prices Jake burst out laughing as if he had been holding back his laughter all that time, I looked at him bitterly.

-Why are you laughing? It's not funny.- I hissed at him, feeling mocked.

His laughter didn't faze me.

He crossed his arms, stopping laughing gradually but never stopping smiling.

-Take whatever you want, I'll pay.- He declared and raised an eyebrow as he grabbed the menu the waiter handed him.

From my face immediately disappeared the pout that had formed just before, giving way to an expression of wonder.

He did not add anything as he read the menu, scrolling over it with his finger.

When I made to speak, he raised his index finger in front of his nose, signalling me to be silent.

-I just wanted to thank you.- I said softly, lowering my gaze.

Running one hand through her hair, she adjusted her glasses on her nose with the other.

Instinctively I straightened mine.

-I never intended to let you pay.- he admitted, leaving me even more astonished.

I immediately regretted how I had behaved.

I looked at the menu again with bitterness in my mouth, everything looked like it would cost a kidney.

-Won't you spend too much?- Only after asking that question did I realise how stupid and meaningless it was to him.

-Money is not a problem for me.- He nodded his head quickly.

-Did you choose?-

When the waitress arrived with our dishes she looked at Jake strangely, it was strange to see someone wearing sunglasses indoors.