12°

-Maybe we shouldn't do this.- I said, trying to change Leda's mind, but to no avail.

-Mr Hale didn't give you a day off for nothing.- Gareth said by my side, lowering his voice.

-Don't we look too suspicious dressed like this?- I took off the dark hat that covered my eyes.

With a quick move the girl put it back on my head, signalling me to lower my voice.

-Absolutely not, you'll see we'll be able to figure out who that girl is.- I repeated, leaning over the bush to observe Matthew.

-But we've been investigating for twi weeks now and we still haven't seen them together- I said, by now realising I had been wrong.

During the previous days they had been keeping an eye on Mattew and had traced Cassidy's house number in order to get a better look at her, for legal matters let's pretend I never said any of this.

I only helped them on Sundays when I was free from my duty as an assistant, but still none of the three had seen them together.

It was clear that it was just a misunderstanding.

-You don't have to see each other every day to be in a relationship.- Exclaimed the boy, immediately lowering himself as my brother's face turned in our direction.

-Maybe they text or call each other because they don't have time to meet...or see each other at work.- She added, adjusting Vince's big sunglasses that she had "borrowed".

I sighed, aware that they were now determined to find out the truth to the end.

-My brother is not a cheater.- I said, trying to convince myself.

I sat with my back against the low wall that surrounded the small park, the grass was damp and the sun did not shine on that little piece of grass hidden in the bushes.

-I'm cold.- I complained, pouting.

-You should have covered yourself more.-

-You are not my mother.-

-I am your best friend, ergo I have the authority of a mother.-

-Maybe we'd better go inside, it's getting late.- Gareth suggested, clutching his coat, he stood up and offered me a hand to help me up.

-We didn't find anything this time either.- He complained once outside the park, removing a leaf stuck in his hair.

-Mattew!- shouted a female voice behind us.

A girl, that girl, ran towards my brother who immediately got up from the bench he was sitting on and opened his arms.

Cassidy dived into Matthew's embrace leaving me stunned.

They gave each other a quick kiss on the lips and began to chat.

Up to that point it still fit, but it was when they gave each other a quick kiss on the lips that I realised.

I gritted my teeth already ready to go and pull out both of their hair.

Leda grabbed me by the wrist, stopping me and pulling me along with her behind the small wall that bordered the park.

-Don't do anything stupid.- She said simply, pulling out her mobile phone.

-What are you doing?-

-I collect evidence.- She replied, taking a picture of Matthew and Cassidy holding hands.

I couldn't help but look at them shocked, I never expected such a move from my twin.

And Esther? She clearly knew nothing about it.