V

After class Leia quickly packed up before getting out of the room and waiting by the door for Alex, just like he said.

Not long after, she saw him walking out of the class just beside hers.

He hasn't spotted her yet and she decided to scare him. She quickly walked into the crowd, not wanting to be spotted, and made her way to him. Good thing he was tall, making it easy for Leia to see him past the crowd.

He seemed to be looking around for her when she approached, still haven't spotted her.

Leia ran the last few steps over to him, jumping to beside him as she said "boo!"

Alex's eyes widened a little as the little girl appeared in front of him, erupting in a fit of giggles from what she just did.

He gasped, bringing his hand up to his chest. "You scared me princess," he said, pushing his bottom lip out at her.

She notices his pout and her giggles die down. Before he knew what was happening, she threw herself into him, wrapping her arms tightly around his waist.

Alex froze, not processing what was happening as he looked down at the top of her head which was pressed into his chest.

A second later he finally reacted and wrapped his arms loosely around her shoulders, smiling at how she fitted perfectly in his arms.

If this was how she was trying to comfort him maybe he'll pretend to be scared or upset more.

When she pulled away, she peeked up at him before asking if he was feeling better. "So much better now, thank you." He said.

"Now, let's go. Your mum is probably almost here."

Alex walked her out to the gates and waited with her until her mum came to get her. "How was your first day of school?" He asked as he leaned back against the wall.

She gave it a thought. It was scary at first but after she found Alex everything was great. "It was really fun."

Just then she spotted the car down the road and pointed it out to Alex.

"Get home safe sweetheart. I'll come pick you up for school tomorrow morning okay?" He suggested. Her house was kind of on the way (it was in the opposite direction) and even if it wasn't (it definitely wasn't), he'd still want to go pick her up.

Leia's eyes lit up as she agreed. "See you tomorrow Alex, bye bye!"

~~~

The next morning Leia woke up super excited and quickly got ready. She picked a cute black dress with the two straps tied into a ribbon on her shoulders.

When she went down her parents were already eating. "Good morning darling." They greeted her as she took a seat.

She greeted them back happily as her mum placed a plate of food in front of her. "Are you sure you don't need me to send you to school?" She asked worriedly.

In the car yesterday her mum had asked about Alex since he was waiting with her. Leia then told her about how he offered to send her to school and drive her home too.

She nodded as she realised she had forgetter to tell her that he was the one that helped her the night she ran away.

"Alex let me stay over at his house when I ran away and he showed me around school, he's really nice." She smiled as she told them about him.

Her dad's eyes narrowed as he listened. She stayed over at his house? "What? Did he do anything to you?"

Leia ate a mouthful of eggs as she tilted her head questioningly at him. Her dad sighed and brushed it off, he'll have to meet this Alex soon and see him for himself.

Her mum on the other hand was glad she had someone to take care of her. "That's good sweetie. Quickly finish up your food, don't keep him waiting."

Leia nodded and finished up before placing the dishes away and waving goodbye to her parents. She pulled on her shoes and opened the front door, revealing Alex already waiting.

He was leaning against the hood of his car scrolling though his phone as he waited for her to come out.

"Alex!" She squealed, running down the steps towards him.

He looked up from his phone to see the little girl running over and a huge smile spread across his lips. He quickly shoved his phone into his pocket and opened his arms for her, already knowing she was going to come crashing into him.

Leia jumped into him, her arms wrapping around his neck as her feet lifted off the floor. Alex's arms wrapped tightly around her waist as he staggered backwards a little.

"Hey sweetheart, good morning." He mumbled into her hair, the smell of her floral shampoo was heavenly.

When her feet touched the ground again she let go of him and took a step back, slightly blushing at his greeting.

"Good morning." She smiled up at him, her hands reaching to play with the hem of her skirt.

He took a second to admire her, his eyes running down from her eyes to the cute dress she had on. "You look adorable sweetheart." He couldn't help but tell her.

She blushed harder, shuffling her feet as she mumbled a quick thank you.

Alex chuckled at her reaction before moving to open the passenger door for her and taking her bag off her shoulders. He threw it in the back before he moved aside for her to get in.

She made herself comfortable as Alex leaned down, "seatbelt." He mumbled as he reached for it and clicked it into place, adjusting it so it wasn't too tight.

Leia smiled up innocently at him, making his heart melt as he shut the door. He could get used to this every morning.

Walking over to the driver's side he realised how dusty the car was, since he hasn't used it in a while. He'd only taken it out this morning for her.

He hummed as he got into the car, seeing that there was some time before school. "Let's go to a car wash, there's still some time."

Leia head swivelled to him, eyes sparkling in excitement. Alex chuckled at her excitement as he pulled out of the driveway, guess he should have seen it coming. A car wash did sound like something she would like.

Leia looked out the window eagerly as they entered, the jets of water spraying onto the glass. Before long, the car as covered in soap and the sound of the brushes working against the car could be heard.

Leia giggled in the dark as she watched the twisting brushes, her hand reaching out to feel the cool glass window.

In a few seconds water rained down on the car, washing the soap away and bringing the light back.

She smiled brightly as she watched the water cascade down the windshield before clearing up to reveal the end of the car wash.

"Can we go again?"

Alex chuckled as she turned to him. He was watching her the whole time, he saw how her face lit up, how her eyes sparkled and how her lips pulled up into that adorable smile.

"Next time okay?" He told her, getting a small pout. "School's about to start sweetheart, we got to go."

She nodded in understanding as he started to drive away, looking down at her lap and twiddling her fingers.

"Don't be like that hm?" He spoke softly, reaching over to brush some hair behind her ear.

The tips of her ears turned red as she hummed in reply, enjoying the songs on the radio as they sped towards school.