IV

Leia was already settled in her seat when Alex walked back.

"Are you okay?" He asked her, seeing the small pout on her lips.

She nodded, turning to him. "Can I borrow your jacket?"

He had taken it off earlier and it was just lying on the table. He nodded, reaching to grab it for her.

"Is it cold?"

"No," she shook her head and looked down at her lap. "He was staring at me weirdly." Maybe her dress was a little too tight, making her belly show, or maybe she just didn't look nice in it.

Alex paused, turning to see she had her arms wrapped around her waist.

"Sweetheart," he said, reaching for her hands. She looked up at him with a slight pout and furrowed eyebrows, negative thoughts starting to cloud her mind.

"He was being mean, you can't listen to him okay?"

He waited for a meek nod before continuing, gently unwrapping her arms for her and holding her tiny hands in his.

"You look amazing in your dress, there's nothing you need to hide." Leia blushed slightly at his words as he rubbed his thumb on the back of her hands.

"You're perfect just the way you are."

No one's told her that before. Her eyes widened slightly, the pink tint on her cheeks turning a darker shade.

"Really?" She whispered, looking up at him with a sparkle in her eyes.

Alex couldn't help the smile growing on his face as he replied her, "of course really. Everything about you is perfect."

She giggled at his reply before glancing away, fully aware of how red her face must be right now. She looked at their hands, realising how small hers was in his and how nice it felt as he held her.

It wasn't helping her blush.

She changed her attention again to his jacket on the table.

Alex followed her gaze. "You can still wear it if you want," he suggested, about to reach over to pass it to her.

Leia shook her head, her hands slightly gripping onto his to stop him. "No I don't need it anymore."

"That's good," he smiled at her reply before they both finally turned their attention to the teacher.

Not long later, class ended and Leia passed her schedule to Alex again. Their next class was still together so they quickly packed up and made their way over.

Leia had grabbed onto his bag strap somewhere along the way, not wanting to get separated from him.

His heart melted at how adorable she was being.

"Princess, where did you transfer from?" He asked, wondering how she was like at her old school. Did she have someone like him around too?

"Homeschool," she admitted. Alex nodded in understanding before furrowing his eyebrows one second later.

"Then why'd you suddenly transfer here?"

She scrunched her nose up at him before she said, "I didn't really like homeschool because I didn't have any friends and I was alone a lot."

He nodded for her to continue as he guided them through the hallways. " But my parents didn't want to let me come here at first, they said I wouldn't be able to do it." She paused to giggle, glancing over at him.