II

Alex made a mental note to call the tow truck to get his bike in the morning as he drove. She had fiddled with the radio earlier and there was some light music playing.

This was definitely not how he had expected his night to go. He glanced at the girl curled up in the passenger seat, dozing off to sleep as he slowly drove back home, realising that he didn't even know her name.

She didn't know his either but there she was, letting him drive her to god knows where. He could be kidnapping her and she wouldn't even know.

He sighed at how worried she made him but thankfully she didn't run into a real kidnapper. At least now there was someone to make good use of his bed.

He pulled into the driveway in a bit and got out, walking over to the passenger side. "Sweetheart, we're here." He said softly, nudging her arm to wake her. "Come on, you can sleep upstairs okay?"

She let out a little whine as he tried to pull her out of the car. "You'll sleep better upstairs, come on." He tried again, nudging her to get up but her eyes stayed shut.

He let out a sigh, "princess if you don't get out I'm going to leave you here."

He straighten up, holding the door open and waiting for a response. Another whine sounded before she finally slowly climbed out of the car.

"Thank god." He mumbled as he shut the door. Of course he wasn't going to leave her there but he didn't think it would be appropriate to carry her up either.

"Watch where you're going, you can sleep in a minute." He said as he turned, leading the way into the house.

Her hand reached out, grabbing onto the back of his shirt as she followed along, eyes barely open.

He slowed down, letting her take her time to walk and glanced back every few seconds to make sure she didn't trip.

They finally made it to his room and he opened the door, letting her in. Without him needing to say anything, she walked over to the bed and laid down, curling up under the sheets.

"Good night." She mumbled, already drifting off to sleep.

He chuckled at her, walking over to pull the blanket properly over her before leaving and shutting the door behind him.

~~~

When she woke up the next morning in someone else's room, she shot up. Looking around at the unfamiliar place, she started to remember what happened the night before.

She could have really gotten in trouble if it weren't for him. She should go thank him.

Laying in bed a little longer, she finally dragged herself up and went to search for him. She walked downstairs and spotted him sitting at the counter, drinking some coffee.

Alex heard her coming down and turned, her hair was slightly messy and her eyes were a little puffy from the crying last night. "Good morning," he smiled at her, "did you sleep well?"

She nodded and padded over to the chair beside him before taking a seat. "Thank you for everything." She meekly said, not looking up at him staring at her.

"It's nothing," he said as he reached over and lightly brushed his finger over her cheek before getting out of his seat.

"I made some eggs, eat some before I send you back."

She looked up as he set a small plate of food in front of her, it was still early, she didn't see why she had to leave so soon.

"You should get home before your parents call the police, they're probably already very worried about you." He explained, really not looking forward to the authorities knocking down his door to find her.

She slowly nodded, having not thought about that yet. "Thank you..." she trailed off, looking up at him questioningly. She doesn't even know his name.

"Alex." He said, catching on to what she wanted to know. "What's your name sweetheart?" He continued.

She blushed a little at the nickname, turning to look down at the plate of food.

"Leia."

His hand reached over to brush her hair behind her ear, preventing her from hiding her face from him. "That's a pretty name Leia."

He watched as her cheeks turned a darker shade and let out a soft chuckle. "Take anything you want from the fridge, I'll send you back in a bit."

With that he left her to eat her food alone.

When he came back down she was sipping some milk she got from the fridge and the dishes were all done. "You didn't have to wash up princess, I could have done it."

She smiled up at him and shook her head. "It's the least I could do." She answered, looking at his wet hair. She was wondering where he went.

He shook his head at her before grabbing the car keys off the counter. "Ready to go home?"

Her eyes lit up as she hopped off the chair and followed him out the door, excited to prove to her parents that she was fine all alone.

She walked to the driver seat and was about to open the door when Alex came up behind her. "What do you think you're doing?" He asked as he unlocked the car.

She glanced up at him hovering behind her, "driving?" she replied but it came out sounding more like a question.

He shook his head at her, "I don't think so. I'll drive you back."

She pouted a little but it was soon gone when he told her she could pick the music. He walked her around the car and opened the passenger door for her to get in before shutting it.

Leia was already fiddling with the radio when he got in and started the engine. She gave him her address and they starting making their way over.

"Leia," he called to get her attention while she watched the surroundings pass by outside the window. She hummed in reply and turned to look at him.

"Don't run away anymore okay? You were lucky you met me this time, you could have been in a lot of danger." He told her as they were about to reach.

She agreed not to run away again as he pulled up in front of her house. She excitedly hopped out, eager to tell her parents what she accomplished. "Do you want to come in ?" She asked as Alex got out of the car too.

He raised his eyebrow at her, walking over to pass her the car keys. "It's okay sweetheart, you go ahead." He replied, reaching over to smooth down some of her hair.

He'd rather not be there when she was telling her parents about how she spent the night alone at his house.

She took the keys from him and nodded in understanding. "Okay, bye bye Alex." She beamed at him and waved before turning to walk up to her house.

He smiled, watching her skip towards the door.

"Bye Leia."