III

The next morning, Alex was changing his bandages before school and couldn't help but wonder how Leia was doing.

Hopefully she had listened to him and wasn't running away anymore.

He wondered when he would see her again, since she doesn't go to his school. Maybe he could stop by her house.

He let out a grumble and pushed the thought away, what reason does he have to visit her? They were practically strangers, him showing up at her doorstep would be weird.

Quickly finishing up the bandages, he tried to push her to the back of his mind, although since he sent her back the day before, she was all he could think of.

Grabbing his helmet and keys, he finally left for school. He had went to pick up his motorcycle last night from the repair shop. Luckily there wasn't much damages just a few scratches here and there.

Alex arrived just as the bell rang, leaving him a few minutes to get to class. Grabbing his bag he made his way into the hallways which were starting to clear.

His mind drifted to Leia again, wondering where she went to school. She lived quite close but he's never seen her around.

Just then, someone stumbled and fell right into him, pulling him out of his thoughts.

"Hey, watch it." He grumbled at the small figure in front of him. He already didn't like crowds, much less being bumped around.

A small sniffle sounded from her, having already bumped into many others while trying to find where her classroom was. The coldness of his voice was making everything even worse.

She tried to hold her tears in, determined not to cry on the first day of school as she mumbled an apology, quickly glancing up at whoever she stumbled into this time.

Alex's eyes widened as the girl glanced up at him, the same pair of teary eyes he'd seen the day before. He was just thinking of her and somehow she's appeared.

"Leia?"

He was surprised to say the least, the original coldness in his voice was gone as he looked down at her.

He watched as her bottom lip quivered, tears were brimming her eyes, threatening to fall. It's funny how this is how they always seem to meet.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" He asked, the same softness in his voice from the day before. She was wearing a cute dress, hair half up in a pony tail as she stood in front of him.

"A-alex." She sniffled, glad to finally have found a familiar face.

Her hands slowly reached out for him, wanting to be in the comfort of his arms. He didn't hesitate to pull her in again, engulfing her in a hug.

Her arms went around his waist, gripping tightly onto his shirt. Like the day before, she cried into his chest, her tears staining his clothes.

At this point class had already started so there wasn't anyone around to gawk at them, which Alex was definitely grateful for, he had enough things to worry about.

He rubbed up and down her back, slowly waiting for her to calm down. "Don't cry princess." He mumbled, looking down at her small frame squished to his chest.

"It's okay, you're okay."

After her breathing calmed down, he pulled away to look at her. "What's wrong?" He asked, his hands moving to wipe away the remaining tears.