Chapter 3: The Real Test

Y/N Pov:

Shit. I don't think I've ever studied so much for a test, let alone a subject like chemistry. My bed already feels uncomfortable as I sit against the wall and place several worksheets on my blanket. Atomic Structure, Acids and Bases, Chemical Bonding, Organic Chemistry, and all of the Other Things that I could find on the Internet. If this will really be a test from Playtime Co. then I really can't afford to mess up. I can already feel my eyes burning and my brain slowly shutting down.

It's almost 6:30 and I have to leave for the bus stop in half an hour. I don't know if I've slept, but I don't feel like I've been studying all night. I'm sure many other students are doing the same thing out of fear, but unlike me, they will definitely make it. I don't even know where this 'exam' will take place. What happens if I fail? Will I be kicked out for good? Will that be the end of it? No, I really have to pull myself together and start thinking positively... But what is there to be positive about?

I slowly get off the bed and walk slowly to my closet, I put on the gray zipper again and take the first pair of pants I see. 'I don't care what I look like, but I don't have good looks anyway'. I pick up my backpack and slowly put it on my back as I slide my hands through the sides. I walk slowly to the door and just stand in front of it. I imagine the lever going down slowly and the door opening with a little 'clack' and opening in the direction of the hallway.

I take a glass from the kitchen counter and hold it slowly under the tap. I look at the faucet and go deep into my thoughts, concentrating, imagining again how the side lever moves upwards and water flows out of the faucet. *Now it happens

As I slowly put the glass to my mouth and start to drink, I realize that I'm starting to get a headache. 'Is that from the telekinesis? I just stand there in the kitchen for a few seconds and don't move. *And then they're gone* Shit, it's off to a good start. I quickly go out the door and put my headphones back on...

('I'll be God')

I don't care about my surroundings right now, this exam will decide everything for me. Plus that guy who gave the speech...Who the fuck is that?. I drift forward and my feet move automatically, but in this whole scenario it finally occurs to me. What will happen to my future if I don't pass this? Even if I pass this exam, if there's another one, that's it. I'm starting to get the feeling that the school wants to get me out somehow.

('Hold my head under the bath and breathe away Slit my wrists and watch that blood evaporate')

I hardly realized it, but I'm already at the bus stop, and from a distance I can already see the Ugly Book arriving...fuck. The exam is getting closer and closer and I feel like I've forgotten everything again. God damn this is going to be bad How am I supposed to manage this? The bus has already stopped and I hear the squeaking of the black tears, the air slowly escaping. I get on...'The bus really is always empty'. I walk straight through to the back and sit down where I always sit and close my eyes very slowly...

"Dude Wake up!" Fucking hell. I open my eyes and look at who's yelling at me...Karasu?

"Dude, you were sleeping hard... on the school bus!" I quickly pick up my phone and turn off the music.

"What's going on?"

"Well, the exam is just around the corner, isn't it?"

"Right now?"

"Yes? We're already here, aren't we?" What? We're already here? Never? I quickly look out of the window... Fuck, he's right! The huge building has been in sight for a long time and the bus is slowly coming to a halt. What the fuck? I slept the whole way? This all happened way too fast