Chapter 10 ☆

this is where, imo, my writing starts to improve 😭

song #10: ceilings by lizzy mcalpine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I miss him. I miss his crooked smile. His gorgeous eyes. His fluffy hair. His soft hands. I miss him.

I reached towards my pocket, about to pull out my phone, before I heard a boy's voice call out.

I turned around to see Drew standing in front of me with a huge grin, "Hey."

I smiled back, "Hey, how are you?"

"Pretty good," he looked around, "Is Jenna here?"

I shook my head, "Not yet."

"Oh." We stood, waiting for Jenna, for over 10 minutes before I began to lose hope.

I turned to look at Drew, giving him an apologetic smile, "I don't think she's coming."

He shrugged, "No worries. Where do you want to go first-"

"Hey sorry," Jenna said, right on time, but extremely flushed, "Something, um, came up."

I frowned, "Oh, no worries. Are you okay?"

"Um," she began, her eyes darting away from me, "Yeah."

"You sure?" Drew asked, inspecting her.

"Yeah, I'm fine Drew," she said, giving him a reassuring smile. Neither me or Drew were convinced.

"So, where do we want to go first?" she said, walking off in a random direction. To my surprise, Drew grabbed her hand pulling her back.

Jenna's eyebrows furrowed, "What are you doing?"

"What happened?" he said, sternly.

She shook her head, "Nothing!"

"Something happened," he said, still gripping her hand.

"Let go," she said, trying to get away. That only caused his grip to tighten.

"Jenna, please, tell me." Everything around us seemed to lighten, while Drew and Jenna's voice was amplified.

"Look Drew, why are you making such a big deal out of this?" Jenna asked, frustrated.

He hesitated, looking into her eyes, "I'm not sure. I just.."

"You just what?"

"I just-," he shook his head, "I don't know."

She shook her head, "We're not friends anymore, remember?"

"I know but-"

"No! I thought I could do this, and you know what, I can, but clearly you can't," she scoffed. Drew opened his mouth to speak, but instead dropped her hand and watched her go.

I turned to Drew, "What was that?"

"Nothing," he replied, sadness dripping from his face.

I rolled my eyes, "C'mon, just tell me."

He let out an exasperated sigh, "I guess I forgot to tell you Jenna and I have history."

My eyes widened, "You and Jenna dated?"

He stared at me, bewildered. "What? No, we were just friends."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, "Okay.. so?"

"We were really close," he started walking.

"Okay? What happened between you two?"

He shrugged, "I don't know, we just stopped talking I guess."