Chapter 8 ☆

i absolutely hate the phone conversation but i'm too lazy to change it

song #8: break by alex g

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

song #8: 

We both waved to each other as we went opposite ways. After we ate, we spent an hour and a half walking along the street going into every store. I was now carrying my backpack along with about a thousand tiny bags.

The outing was surprisingly fun, and for the first time since I got to this god awful town, I felt like I had a real friend.

The walk back was around twenty minutes, and I considered putting on my headphones and blasting Taylor Swift but I decided to do something slightly more productive.

The phone started ringing, as I shakily pulled it to my ear.

He picked up, "Hey."

"Hi." It was silent.

"So um, how was your day?"

"It was alright."

"That's good." Silence started to creep in, causing panic to erupt in me. "I made a friend," I blurted out.

"Nice."

"Her name's Jenna."

"Oh."

"We went shopping together, and she brought me to this little coffee shop with the best grilled cheeses and lattes."

"Sounds fun. You love lattes." Every time I got mad at him, or anyone for that matter, the anger inside me fizzled the moment I remember how connected we are. Everything we've been through, every word we've spoke, and how well we know each other.

I laughed, "I do."

But every time, the anger reignites. "I uh, I got to go."

"Oh. Are you doing something?"

"Yeah, Me, Nadia, Lucas, and April are all going out. Oh, and this girl Ally. I forget if I told you about her."

"You did." I wanted to run him over, then drive off a cliff.

"Oh well, she's great."

"Yep, she sounds it." I suddenly felt the urge to start sprinting and screaming into the darkness.

"So, I-"

"Are you still coming to visit?" I asked, hopelessly. I honestly had no idea which answer I wanted.

"What?"

"You said you were gonna visit. All of you. Excluding Ally."

"Oh um, yeah. Definitely."

"When?"

"I'm not sure. I have to go to my grandparents for thanksgiving and winter break."

"Oh, how about a weekend? It's not a far plane ride."

"Yeah sure."

"How about the first week of September?"

"Sure."

"Ok gre-"

"Do you mind if Ally comes?"

"Uh, yeah that's fine." I wanted to die.

"Ok great. I'll let you know when we book our flights and stuff."

"Ok cool."

"Do we need to get a hotel room?"