𝟎𝟑. 𝐔𝐧𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

Happy reading!

As I settled into my Porsche, the weight of my heartbreak pressed against my chest

As I settled into my Porsche, the weight of my heartbreak pressed against my chest. The engine roared to life, mirroring the turmoil inside me. Each mile I drove away from the airport, the memories flooded back, echoing her words that shattered my world. It felt like those words were on repeat, haunting me, taunting me for my decision. I have never regretted any decision in my life except making this. To make matters worse, Reyansh's curiosity fueled the fire, incessantly probing why I abruptly asked him to return to India. The truth is, nobody knows what truly happened that day, but everyone is aware that we are no longer together; only my family was aware of my relationship but they neither accepted it nor stopped me, even though i knew nobody was much fond of her. It's like the unspoken understanding between me and my family and respecting my personal space nobody raise questions about my leaving even if it was hiding behind the facade of a business trip to the USA. 

"Would you please shut your mouth till the time we reach home?" I tried to keep my pitch normal but it still came out with force as he didn't react to it because it was normal for him now. I have been acting like this since 2-3 months so he doesn't go any further and gets himself busy with his phone.

As I pull up to the entrance, I hand the keys to the security guard with a nod, asking him to park the car in the basement. With a mix of anticipation and relief, I ring the doorbell, knowing that my mother has been eagerly awaiting my return after being away. And there she is, opening the door within seconds of my arrival. Her eyes light up with joy and relief, and I can feel the warmth of her embrace even before she wraps her arms around me, reminding me of the unconditional support and care that only a mother can provide.

After a warm welcome, meeting everybody. I got to my room leaving reyansh with them downstairs, as I had some work to finish up and later had to discuss the "emergency" with dad as he was not home yet.

°•°•°•°

"Veer, I know this is not easy for you but-"

After lunch, dad called me in his studyroom for the reason I have been called back but as he speaks i don't let him finish and said

"But? But what dad!! There is no way I will be marrying anyone at this point"

"Watch your tone while talking to me! I know things aren't easy for you but don't react childishly. I don't know the reason but she's gone veer. and you have to accept it." He said being straight forward and i knew that he knows about our separation but I did not expect him to say so

"But dad- "

"No Veer, not anymore. We understood from what all you were going through but not anymore! You know how big of a deal it is and how much of a loss it can cause if we can't get in the deal." He said being practical which did make sense

"But just for the sake of this deal I can't marry any random women! Dad atleast think about the girl..her life would be ruined" I stated the facts.

The company which has proposed this huge deal to us, believes that having a married company holder brings them the stability and in some way this plays a huge role for them. Like for god's sake i won't be marrying anybody just for this deal!