𝟎𝟏. 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧

Happy reading!

" 20 years. It's been 20 years since life took a turn and everything shattered, but before that as well things weren't any less and mumma had to endure all of it. It was much more of a worse condition for us to live in that house when he was living with us under the same roof. Me and mumma had to go through everything until that one fortunate or unfortunate day when everything changed. Now when I look back I feel it was better for us only and it's the reason we are able to live a normal happy life"

As Ishita stands in front of her hotel room's cupboard, her gaze fixated on the four stripes adorning her blazer, a rush of emotions floods her. It's overwhelming for her, a culmination of years of hard work, sacrifice, and the unwavering determination. The weight of her achievement settles on her shoulders, but it's a weight she will proudly carry. A lone tear shed from her left eye as memories of the struggles she and her mother with a new born baby had endured when she was just a 7 year old, a small kid who didn't know what to do but was old enough to understand everything, being in her most helpless situation. These thoughts flood her and it felt like a movie playing in her head, each scene filled with both pain and acceptance.

The pain they experienced during those early years is still etched in Ishita's heart. It serves as a constant reminder of where she came from, the struggles that molded her, and the resilience that runs through her veins. It's a bittersweet feeling, a mix of gratitude and determination. She knows that her success is not just her own, it's a testament to the sacrifices her mother made; sacrificing herself as she stood strong only for her two daughters when things were unconditionally hard for her too. Only because of this love and sacrifice of her mother that propelled her forward.

As she closes the cupboard, taking out the uniform ready to embrace her new role as a captain. The blazer with its four stripes on its sleeves, the shirt with four strips on her shoulder is not just an indication of her being the captain but it's a symbol of her living with a smile as it's the reason she can fly. The dream she is finally living.

I was going through my flight plan and some aircraft documents when my phone rang taking my attention

I was going through my flight plan and some aircraft documents when my phone rang taking my attention. I see Kabir bhai calling me. I pick up his call and keep my phone between my shoulder and ear while continuing my work side by side

"Yes bhai"

"what is your landing time? I will
come and pick you up."

"Expecting it to be tomorrow at 1 pm but weather conditions seem in a different mood today so it might be a delay. Aap mat pareshan ho I will come on my own."

[You don't have to worry, I will come on my own]

"noway ishi, I will come. Ek saal baad aa rhi hai tu so no further arguments, call me once you land."

[You're coming after a whole year so no further arguments,call me once you land]

"Alright bhai, I have reached the airport. gotta go"

"take care of yourself and have a safe flight okay?"

"Hn baba hn! Ab jaane do warna bina captain ke flight would be delayed and you will be only responsible for all those people reaching their destination late."

[Yes baba yes! Now letme go otherwise without the captain the flight would be delayed and you will be only responsible for all those people reaching their destination late]

I said while stepping out of the cab, taking my luggage bag, licence card and files.

"I see someone flexing their profession..hm? "

I heard Kabir bhai smirking

"You will see that 'someone' in front of your eyes tomorrow! Okeyy byeee."

Saying this I hung up the call without waiting for his response warna ye call kabhi khtm hi nhi ho paati.

I was going through the security checks and my heart was racing with the feelings which can't be expressed by words. It was an unusual tingling inside my body..i was nervous but immensely happy too; i wasn't able to figure out if it's the happiness for going back to India..to my family or the happiness to be able to fly the aircraft which will be in my commands. It's been 14 months since I have been staying in USA for my captain training and today is the day when I will be flying the aircraft as a captain for the first time officially!

I didn't realise when I reached the aircraft being lost in my thoughts. I walked around the aircraft after all the paperwork was done, checking the aircraft if it was ready to fly.

I made my way inside the cockpit, heart pounding inside my chest as I felt myself getting bit nervous even though it wasn't the first time I was flying, it been 5+ years of me being in this field but finally stepping as the captain was hitting differently

after greeting the crew member and co-pilot who will be flying the aircraft along with me, made me vanish all the nervousness I had and now I was comfortable as they all were so welcoming and indeed everyone was as happy as me. Everything was closely checked and we were all ready at our places, taking the microphone I made the announcement not before taking a deep breath asking shiv ji to keep his blessings with me for this beautiful new beginning in my life.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, welcome on board. This is your captain Ishita speaking, I have some information about our flight. Our flight timings for today will be 17hrs 32mins and our estimated time of arrival in Delhi is 1 pm. It will be a long flight so make yourself comfortable and kindly switch off your electronics and fasten your seatbelts since we will be taking off. Thankyou."

_________________________________

Here's the first chapter! Lemme  know how you find it?

There will be two fixed updates every week on every Tuesdays & Saturdays .

Vote • comment • share

Also I want to clear two things..

1. I have started to write because lately I found, i genuinely liked writing and i enjoy as it helps me escape from reality but this is not solely  what I have to do, I'm a student and hence I have to focus in my personal life so if I go on breaks and stuff I want y'all to understand.
Obviously it won't be frequent breaks.

2. I won't be writing any smut for the book as I'm personally not comfortable with it. If any of you mind it then you can stop reading.

Thankyou for reading
Your author
Darla 🤍