𝟎𝟐. 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞

Happy Reading!

For the past two months, I've been holed up in my flat here in the USA all alone, leaving my beloved family behind

For the past two months, I've been holed up in my flat here in the USA all alone, leaving my beloved family behind. I feel like a lifeless shell, devoid of any emotions or feelings, except for the faint beating of my heart, barely holding on. It's been three months and seventeen days since she walked away, leaving me with a shattered heart. I never imagined it could be so easy for someone to deceive and manipulate for four long years, toying with my emotions and using me for their own gain. I could never think about she was making her own money behind my back by knowing my company's upcoming projects. I thought she was different, someone who saw beyond my status and genuinely cared. But I was wrong. She turned out to be just like the rest, chasing after money, fame, and power. I've never felt so disappointed in myself, consumed by this overwhelming frustration of losing my sense of self. I've isolated myself from the outside world, shutting out emails and work, trying to confront the disappointment I feel in myself, as I grapple with the realization that someone I trusted could deceive me so deeply.  

Ever since I arrived in the USA to escape from everyone, these thoughts have consumed me entirely. But just when I thought I was accepting the reality and had moved on, my dad's call  ruined it. I already know when I will get back home they're going to bring up the topic of my marriage but I'm not ready yet. He didn't say anything about this on call except the fact I need to get back and pay my attention towards our company as we haven't cracked any deal lately and I can't blame anyone else when it's me who is responsible for this but not anymore. I can't let the weight of my personal reasons clash with the responsibility I have towards our company. 

I looked up in the mirror without realising since when I have been standing here, my face looks better, In the morning I was looking like a dead human as I didn't maintain my beard and was looking not less than any serial killer. Wrapping a towel around my waist i came out of the washroom ruffling my hair using hand towel when my phone rang.

Picking up reyansh's call, my P.A + best friend whom I have been ignoring too

"Veer your jet is not ready to take off today, it will be fixed by tomorrow" he informs as I texted him about the plans earlier.

"WHAT? we have to fucking leave in two hours and you're telling me this right now!" Wave of anger rushed through my blood 

"Calm down dude..if it's this urgent then tell me, should I book business flight tickets?" He replies being in his calm composure 

How can he be so chill about it?! 

you're just boiling your blood for nothing veer

My inner voice said.

"Do whatever you want but I need to leave today itself for Delhi." I said with a sigh and hung up the call"

°•°•°•°