08//"Thank me"

(Melanie's POV)

Although Snape is as strict as I thought, I did excellently in his class. Not a thing went wrong and I even noticed him being impressed by my skills a few times. This largely helped my mood change in better. Yesterday was definitely not one of my best nights contrarily to what I imagined it would've been. I mean, first night at Hogwarts sounded great to me , but Draco had better plans. Speaking of him, he didn't really bother me at all today, instead I caught him looking at me a few times.
He didn't have the same annoyed or furious expression he's had before. His eyes expressed a particular emptiness, I don't want to exaggerate but, it almost felt like a worry filled his mind.

Whatever, what matters is that he shat his mouth the entire time.

"We've got spells in 10 minutes Mel, don't be late" Lilith informs me and speeds up to reach class. She loved her first lesson and now she just wants to experience every class, just like me of course.
I give one last look at my results of the lesson proudly and leave the class. As I walk in the big hallway, the only sound I can hear is the sound of my steps echoing. I feel in peace.

Soon after, I sense accelerated steps form behind and before I could turn I was surrounded by "the golden trio".
I speed my steps trying to ignore their faces, but they keep up with me. Shit, what do they want now?

"How did your first lesson go? Had fun?"
Harry gives me a smile. Why is he acting like we're friends?

"Make it short Potter" I can see Ron and Hermione gesturing something to Harry with the tail of my eyes. 

He clears his throat and continues
"Nothing I thought we could have a little chat. I've got to be honest, you haven't given me the best greet but it doesn't matter, I can feel you're a nice person and I think we could start over"

His successfully getting me irritated.
"Do you want to know what I can feel? The smell of your dirty friend and a headache from how much you yap."

I turn to see Hermione clearly wanting to say something back.

He keeps following me even after I add speed to my walk once again.
This freaks are getting me really mad now.
I try to keep my calm, today everything was going WAY too good.

Suddenly he grabs my hand trying to stop me from walking.
This is it.
"WILL YOU LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE?" My voice rumbles all around the place. He looks at me with worry and concern. What did he expect? We stop mid way and a silence drops.A bunch of seconds after I can only hear one thing : really heavy steps coming from behind me. Hermione and Ron turn around and slightly back off, but I don't dare to break this eye contact with this annoying creep, and neither does he. Whoever it is, if Snape or Mcgonagall, I don't care.

I can feel the presence right against my back, slightly touching me with it's body.
The person lets out a huff, and now Harry's looking too, but I just can't keep my sight off of him for how furious I feel.
"She might ask you twice, Potter, but you know I won't. Leave. Now."
I get a chill down my back as I recognize the low and cold tone.
I'm still not turning, but now, simply because I can't move. I feel paralyzed and memories of yesterday flash through my mind.
Harry's eyes flicker from mine to his for a couple of times, and he hurries to leave without saying a word, and so do Hermione and Ron.

I feel the warmth of his breathing behind me, it's almost heavy.
Please go away, PLEASE.
"You won't even turn around to thank me?"
His voice is still cold but this time it wasn't provoking.
Oh god.
My body is now completely shaking in fear. Christ, why does he have to do this?
What will he do now, directly kill me?!
"I'm waiting" Now his voice escalated once again to his originally mean one.
I turn facing the ground.
"I'm late for class" My words barely come out of my mouth.

"So am I. C'mon face me and say "Thank you Malfoy"" I'll never understand him, why does he do this? I'd say he's joking if he just didn't sound so serious.

"I've never asked for your help" My heart beat gets faster but at this point I don't care anymore.
He turns his head for a moment almost as he's trying to calm down.

"Black, look at me I said."
I fight against my instincts and do as he asks.
His eyes are relaxed and he raises and eyebrow probably surprised by the fact he didn't need to force me.
I try to control my emotions as I always do but I'm pretty sure my eyes are watery, and he definitely noticed aswell.

"Wasn't what you've done yesterday enough for you to leave me alone? Cause I think you've done enough."

My voice is neat and he starts biting his inside cheek showing discomfort.

"You looked for it. Thank me now."
He can't be for real.

"I've never asked for your help" At this point he's visibly getting mad.

"You needed my help" He closed his hands into fists.

"Are you sure? Or did you maybe realize your an asshole and you're now trying to fix things?"
Words come out of my mouth before I could think twice about them.
His eyes are now glaring at me with anger.

"Do you even know who I am, the things I do and have done? I've never once regretted my actions. But you will soon if you don't do what I tell you to, Black. I said thank me."
His body is showing more and more signs of rage but I won't let him win. I turn my back to him and start walking to class, but seconds after he's on me, against the wall, pulling my hair to force me to face him.

"I'm trying to be better to you Black, but you're making things really hard. I know you fear me, as you should. So why won't you fucking obey?" He whispers into my ear as he's still grabbing my hair tightly and pulling my head closer to him.
I start to shiver but as I said, he's not going to win,not even by using his ways.
A few seconds of silence pass by and I can only hear his breathing get heavier, but soon after he let's go of the hold and as he does so he caresses my head softly, his hand shaking in madness.

He gives me one last glare and walks away.This was... weird? I don't know, but the important is that he left me alone.

I take some time to feel better and get to class.

8:00 p.m.
The rest of the day I've been too busy with classes to even tell Lilith about it, but now that I think of it, I won't. I don't want her to interfere, and especially I don't want her to get hurt.
Dinner today is great, and Pansy just won't run out of arguments and jokes.
Suddenly, I see a ravenclaw girl pass next to our table and whisper something to Pansy, which reacts with a smile to the informations.

"Get ready girls cause this party is going to be a ton of fun" Pansy says giving us a smirk. I wonder what they told each other, but whatever it is, right now all I need is that party .

A couple hours went by and now we're in Pansy's dorm getting ready to enjoy our first party in Hogwarts. She throws tons of dresses from her wardrobe on the ground, making sure to find us the best ones. She's a great friend, I won't lie. She also willed to share her make up with us, so I proceed to start mine while Lilith is trying for the thousand time another dress Pansy suggested her. In half an hour we're ready, and all three of us are looking in the mirror admiring ourselves.

"I can't wait to see what Theodore says about you" Pansy directly looks at me as she continues.
"You haven't met him yet, did you? He's also a Slytherin and we're pretty good friends, you're literally his type of girl ,and with this dress , you'll probably have him at your feet tonight" she giggles.
Theodore? Theodore Nott? Finally, life gave me some more luck. I'm curious to see if Pansy's right, some romance won't do nothing but good right now.

"C'mon let's not waste any time" Lilith continues with a smirk on her face and we carefully sneak out with another bunch of Slytherins.