02//Dimensions

(Melanies POV)
Death feels nice. I thought it was going to be cold but instead I feel really warm.
Actually, it's not even that dark, I can still see some light through the shadows.

"Melanie....
..MELANIE!"

I gasp out of air and instinctively get up.

I'm still breathing, my heart is still beating, the fastest it ever did.

How is it possible? It didn't work?
I feel completely fine.

In a matter of seconds, I lost my capability of breathing again.
This time for something different, something I never thought could happen.
Lilith is fronting me, with a hand locked on her mouth, and a pure expression of incredulity on her face.

We're not only alive.
We're sitting inside a train. THAT TRAIN.

We take some more minutes to realize this is actually our new reality.
I try to give a logic out of all of this.
Am I dreaming? I barely manage to give myself a pinch because of my shaking hands.
I'm not dreaming.

Seconds after, me and Lilith burst out crying.
I can't explain what emotions I'm feeling.
Joy,fear,excitement,love.
I don't know, but honestly, I don't even care.

"This can't be really happening" I affirm to Lilith, this is so hard to believe.
"We were right about dimensions, Mel, we were right all the time" she giggles through the tears.

Ok, I have to pack this up now. I rub my hand on both our puffy eyes and look out the big dusty window next to us : rain drops slowly
crawling on it accompanying the beautiful landscape in the background.

I take a deep breath. This is more than beautiful, more than words can describe.
Thousands of questions start filling my head;
Is it really like the movies? Will we get used to it and forget our past? Won't everyone question where we're from?...

My thoughts get suddenly interrupted by the heavy sound of cracking steps on the hallway. I give my twin a look of confusion and terror before trying my best to fake a relaxed expression, and so does she.

"Oh! You've awakened misses Black! I hope you enjoyed your ride, however I have to ask you to grab your bags because you arrived to your final destination!"

With heart in my throat, I follow the instructions trying to keep up a normal face.

This was it, our new start.