𝟷𝟻

الْقَهَّارُ

ᴀʟ-ǫᴀʜʜᴀʀ

ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʟʟ-ᴘʀᴇᴠᴀɪʟɪɴɢ ᴏɴᴇ

╔⏤⏤⏤╝ ☾   ╚⏤⏤⏤╗

(يَـٰصَـٰحِبَىِ ٱلسِّجْنِ ءَأَرْبَابٌۭ مُّتَفَرِّقُونَ خَيْرٌ أَمِ ٱللَّهُ ٱلْوَٰحِدُ ٱلْقَهَّارُ ۝)

(ᴏ [ᴍʏ] ᴛᴡᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴɪᴏɴs ᴏғ ᴘʀɪsᴏɴ, ᴀʀᴇ sᴇᴘᴀʀᴀᴛᴇ ʟᴏʀᴅs ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴏʀ ᴀʟʟāʜ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇᴠᴀɪʟɪɴɢ ۝)

[𝟷𝟸:𝟹𝟿]

╚⏤⏤⏤╗ ☾ ╔⏤⏤⏤╝

Allah ﷻ calls Himself Al-Qahhaar— The Subduer, The Ever-Dominating. He is the One who prevails over all and to whom all creatures surrender. Al-Qahhaar dominates the whole universe, He is victorious over any opposition, and His will is irresistable.

linguistically, Qahhaar has the structure of intensification and is the intense form of Al-Qaahir, The Irresistible.

Al-Qahhaar is the One with majestic strength. He has the supreme authority and ultimate power to do anything; He can subdue anyone to compel him or her to His will.

The names Al-Qahhaar and Al-Lateef (The Subtle) are sometimes used together to refer to the opposing yet complementary ways of Allah ﷻ; He is The Subduer, but also The Most Wise and the Most Just. Al-Qahhaar started life on earth by a blow into Adam's body and ends by a blow into the trumpet.

In each of the six ayaat in the Quran in which this beautiful name is mentioned it is amazingly combined with Al-Waahid "The One". Allah ﷻ demonstrates that every single creature submits to Allah willingly or unwillingly and that is by the power and force of Al-Qahhaar; this supreme power rests with Him only.

the skies, the earth, the angels, and all the creatures obey Him. Al-Qahhaar left us the choice: either we come to Him willingly or He'll make us come to Him anyway. Allah says

(ثُمَّ ٱسْتَوَىٰٓ إِلَى ٱلسَّمَآءِ وَهِىَ دُخَانٌۭ فَقَالَ لَهَا وَلِلْأَرْضِ ٱئْتِيَا طَوْعًا أَوْ كَرْهًۭا قَالَتَآ أَتَيْنَا طَآئِعِينَ ۝)

(ᴛʜᴇɴ ʜᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏᴡᴀʀᴅs ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪᴛ ᴡᴀs ˹sᴛɪʟʟ ʟɪᴋᴇ˺ sᴍᴏᴋᴇ, sᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ɪᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀʀᴛʜ, "sᴜʙᴍɪᴛ, ᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢʟʏ ᴏʀ ᴜɴᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢʟʏ" ᴛʜᴇʏ ʙᴏᴛʜ ʀᴇsᴘᴏɴᴅᴇᴅ, "ᴡᴇ sᴜʙᴍɪᴛ ᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢʟʏ."۝)

[ǫᴜʀᴀɴ, 𝟺𝟷:𝟷𝟷]

One of the greatest examples is that the whole creation is subdued by death. Allah ﷻ describes to us an amazing scene:

(يَوْمَ هُم بَـٰرِزُونَ ۖ لَا يَخْفَىٰ عَلَى ٱللَّهِ مِنْهُمْ شَىْءٌۭ ۚ لِّمَنِ ٱلْمُلْكُ ٱلْيَوْمَ ۖ لِلَّهِ ٱلْوَٰحِدِ ٱلْقَهَّارِ ۝)

(ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡɪʟʟ (ᴀʟʟ) ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀ ˹ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ ᴀʟʟᴀʜ˺, ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ʜɪᴅᴅᴇɴ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴀʟʟᴀʜ. ˹ʜᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴀsᴋ,˺ "ᴡʜᴏ ᴅᴏᴇs ᴀʟʟ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀɪᴛʏ ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪs ᴅᴀʏ?" (ᴀʟʟᴀʜ ʜɪᴍsᴇʟғ ᴡɪʟʟ ʀᴇᴘʟʏ ᴛᴏ ʜɪs ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴ): "ᴛᴏ ᴀʟʟᴀʜ—ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʟʟ-ᴘʀᴇᴠᴀɪʟɪɴɢ!"۝)

[ǫᴜʀᴀɴ, 𝟺𝟶:𝟷𝟼]