𝟷𝟺

الْغَفَّارُ

ᴀʟ-ɢʜᴀғғᴀʀ

ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴsᴛᴀɴᴛ ғᴏʀɢɪᴠᴇʀ

╔⏤⏤⏤╝                      ☾                      ╚⏤⏤⏤╗

(رَبُّ ٱلسَّمَـٰوَٰتِ وَٱلْأَرْضِ وَمَا بَيْنَهُمَا ٱلْعَزِيزُ ٱلْغَفَّـٰرُ ۝)

(˹ʜᴇ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ˺ ʟᴏʀᴅ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀʀᴛʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪɴ ʙᴇᴛᴡᴇᴇɴ—ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʟᴍɪɢʜᴛʏ, ᴍᴏsᴛ ғᴏʀɢɪᴠɪɴɢ ۝)

[𝟹𝟾:𝟼𝟼]

╚⏤⏤⏤╗                        ☾                        ╔⏤⏤⏤╝

Allah ﷻ calls Himself Al-Ghaffaar— The All-and-Oft-Forgiving. He is the One who forgives and covers us time and time again. Al-Ghaffaar is the One Who forgives our sins, veils our shortcomings, and protects us from the effects of our mistakes in this life and the next so we can go on without shame or guilt.

linguistically, ghaffaar is a hyperbolized noun, which implies quantity and continuity. Al-Ghaffaar is the One who forgives all kinds of sins over and over again. He sets us free from the guilt and shame of our own faults so we can feel inner peace, and He can transform wrong deeds and change them into what become good deeds.

The Arabic word أستغفر الله/astaghfirullahI seek forgiveness of Allah— is a beautiful, comprehensive request to Allah ﷻ to forgive us, hide away our faults, watch over us, and protect us from faults.

Allah Al-Ghaffaar covers and protects in the most beautiful ways, both spiritually and physically.

He keeps your thoughts and intentions hidden from other people; your innermost feelings are well-protected and covered by Al-Ghaffaar.

Al-Ghaffaar physically covers us; He clothes our inner body nicely with skin. Imagine muscles being on the surface. Without this skin man wouldn't look appalling.

another example of Allah's maghfirah is that He veils a believer's private sins and misdeeds and doesn't publicize them to others

let's be honest how many times have we forgiven others saying "I forgive you," while ill feelings lingered in our hearts?

wouldn't we love if Allah forgives us? And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful. each night before you go to sleep try to cleanse your heart from grudges and ill-feelings and when you find it hard to forgive, remind yourself of the greatest motivation: Allah's forgiveness. there's no space for a big ego if you want to be forgiven by Allah ﷻ, and whoever shows mercy in this world towards other beings Allah will show mercy to him in the day of judgement.