CHAPTER SEVEN - shortness

☜(⌒▽⌒)☞ sorry for the long wait, guys. I'm back:)💖 short chapter to give y'all some juice before I go deeper into this story🥰

"I'm Paul, Paul Atreides."
Or at least that what I wished she had said. It wasn't a man under these clothes, but a girl. And she introduced herself as...

"Chani Kynes."

Her blade was cold, sending shivers down my spine as she only pushed the tip deeper into my skin. We make eye contact for a while before she asks me, "Who are you and why are you here?"

I was going to answer her, but the fact that we had half-ridden, hungry Harkonnen's on our tail made me a little impatient to leave this place.
Slowly, I maneuver my way around her blade, trying to avoid the tip at all costs.

"We don't have time for questions! The Harkonnen's are on their way right now! No doubt they're already in this vicinity! We need to gather everyone, and leave!"
Bron tried to inform them, but the Fremen only shouted at me.

Were they serious?

Bron moves closer to me, positioning one arm in front of my waist in a protective stance. I look towards Chani in a desperate attempt for her to see how serious the statement I'd just made was, but she didn't seam to give two craps.
"Chani, we must leave this Sietch and go to one farther South. It is the only way to insure the safety of these people!" I say, not understanding how she could not see the depth of this situation.

It made me shake my head in embarrassment for her. "What are you so afraid of? Feyd-Rautha?"

Once I said that, the crowds gasped, drawing back at the mention of his name. Chani looked on edge as well, but I only continued.

"I've seen him up close. His black, beady eyes, his tall stature. The way he looks when he is beating the shit out of you. For five days, I felt his wrath. And it is nothing I'd wish upon these people. Listen to what the hell I am saying. We-need-to-leave-right-now."

Chani's eyes look me up and down, they look to Bron and then back to me, before she moved away from the two of us, and placed her weapon back into its holster.
"Let them come. If it's a fight they want, they're gonna get it." She motioned to the crowds of angry Fremen who shout in support at her statement.

"There is not enough of you! Don't you understand? We must find more if we wish to win." I say.
Chani suddenly got in my face, "We did win. All those months ago, we won. What did it do? Those killers only regrouped and found other ways to gather Spice. Nothing we do will ever change what the Harkonnen's do. And without a reliable source, we've got nothing!"

"That's not entirely true." Spoke Bron, and I was overwhelmed with joy that he'd spoken up. He steps forward. "I was a prisoner of the Harkonnen family for about six months. I know every inch of their castle on Giede Prime. I know their ways of thinking, their ways of living....what their favorite food is. I know everything about them. And since a Holy War has started, we might as well make the most of it."

Bron had a good point. Battles all over Arrakis had been going on since all those months ago. I did avoid them but I've seen a few of the fields aftermath.
Dead bodies upon people taking their last breath. It was terrifying, which is why I wanted to be all alone.

No conflict. No government. No power. Just me, myself, and I. But since I was kind of forced into all of this mess because of Han, I figured what was the harm in helping.

"I have to admit: I'd like some revenge." Spoke one woman in the crowd, a scowl across her face. The other Fremen agree with her. I turn back to see Chani had a nervous look on her face, her brows furrowing slightly.