chapter 18 | life of a dancer

-ˏˋ winter, new york

The morning sun cast a golden glow over New York as Jimin, incognito with his cap and facemask securely in place, made his way towards the prestigious ballet studio where he knew Minjee was practicing. The busy streets of the city hummed with life around him.

When he had asked her to hang out earlier that day, the ballerina had invited him to come and watch her practice. He didn't hesitate to accept, wanting to see her passion for ballet up close.

Mr. Lee was with the elegant man, just in case, following closely behind as they neared the building.

Jimin checked his phone, looking at the message he had received from Minjee, to see if he was at the right place, before stepping into the towering establishment.

The corridors were serene, calm, even though he spotted several ballet dancers moving about. Walking through them gave a surge of nostalgia, reminding him of his own dance practices back in the day.

As they neared the studio, he could hear the elegant strains of classical music filtering through the door.

Tingles started to zap across his skin, making the elegant man smile beneath his mask. He was at the right place.

"I'll be out here, if you need me," Mr. Lee informed Jimin.

Nodding to Mr. Lee with gratitude, Jimin gently pushed open the door to the studio, his heart rate picking up.

The studio was vast, with one wall entirely made of mirrors, reflecting the disciplined chaos within. Sunlight streamed in through the large windows, casting a natural spotlight on the dancers. Along the sides of the room, barres lined the walls.

Dancers were scattered throughout the space - some stretching at the barres, warming up on the sides, while a few were performing in the center, going over a complex routine.

As he scanned the room, the recognized Minjee's friends among those on the side. They noticed him almost immediately, their faces lighting up with excitement. Yuna waved him over.