chapter 13 | show time

*English will be bold in this chapter

-ˏˋ winter, new york

"Hyung, watch this!"

Jungkook's cheerful voice boomed over the chaos that was happening around them, trying to catch Namjoon's attention. The youngest was knocking out push-ups with ease, while the other was doing some workout of his own.

The seven of them were prepping for the big night. Hoseok was humming a tune and practicing some moves, while Taehyung and Seokjin were nearby harmonizing to warm up their vocals. In the corner on a couch was Yoongi, napping.

Their hotel room had transformed into a bustling prep zone, with staff darting around, ensuring everything was perfect.

Jimin, seated patiently at the makeup station, let his stylist add the finishing touches to his hair. Skillfully she styled his blonde locks back, exposing his forehead and his fresh undercut. Makeup perfectly accentuating his features, making him look unreal.

His eyes, however, were distant. Memories of yesterday's rehearsal at the Grammys venue washed over him. An unexplained tug had pulled at his senses during their performance, a sensation so familiar yet so unknown.

It had to be the city's energy, he mused, or perhaps that he is in the same city as Minjee again. With a mental shrug, he cast the thought aside, focusing instead on the present. He silently observed the chaos around him.

As Jimin's gaze wandered from one member to the other, his eyes landed on Namjoon. Jungkook had finally caught Namjoon's eye, proudly showing off his strength. Their leader clapped with a laugh, praising Jungkook's endless energy.

"You're going to power through tonight's performance at this rate," he joked, earning a wide grin from the maknae.

Taehyung and Jin had moved on from vocal exercises to a playful competition to see who'd hit the highest note, which Jungkook joined out of nowhere. It quickly turned into a screaming match.