Chapter 26 - Trapped

"Take off your shirt, soldier."

"No."

"It's an order."

"The fuck is an order!? I'm fine." You spat as you back away from the Lieutenant, sitting yourself on a couch while give a pressure to your right abdomen. Trying to prevent the blood to flowing out more. "It's just a scratch. I can help myself." You added but then suddenly hissed when you accidentally pressing too hard.

"I am not repeating myself, y/n." He warned as he stands in front of you, arms crossed, casting down his eyes to glare at you.

You looked up at him defiantly as your breath visibly getting heavier and shallower.

The tension slowly rising as the air become thick.

"Fuck.." You mumbled as you slowly take off your shirt, leaving the top of you in only your black sports bra.

The right side of your abdomen is covered with red. Blood was still flowing out of the wound. It almost looks like a leaking pipe.

Then Ghost crouches down to your eye level, he leans in closer to inspect the gun shot wound.

Fortunately, the bullet just graze passed your abdomen, from the front to the side, but still deep enough even though not getting through or stuck inside. If that's the case, it would be one hell of a work in this middle out of nowhere in Las Almas. Let alone it's getting darker when the night comes.

Simon proceeds to help you with the injury, using all the things he can find to at least stop the bleeding. With only the help of a single light bulb right on top of them.

You tried to bit your lip to prevent any sound out everytime he needs to pressed the wound. Not wanting to appear as weak in front of him. While him, on the other hand, trying his best to be gentle.

Fuck me, it's hurts like bitch.

You keep your focused on Simon to try not to passed out while he treated your wound. Your mind wandering back to the past event that got you both in situation.

Ghost offered to drive because you still eating your ice cream. You hesitated for a second because you know what a shitty driver he is. But then you thought it won't hurt anyone because around this time, 5.30 PM, Las Almas usually become quieter before they will out again after 7.00 PM. Until now, you still don't know why it's like that.

When you're just starting to leave not too far from the convenience store, you notice from the rearview mirror that there's a white van following behind. At first you thought it's just your mind playing trick with you. Because the van maybe have the same direction as you.

Simon also noticed this, he also had the same thought as you. But after another 10 minutes where he voluntarily just moving around the town, the white van still following.

It makes both you and Ghost looking at each other for a moment.

"You know somewhere safe?" He asked, his tone is low.

"Yes, there's a safe house Ale, Rudy, and I used to hide."

He nodded at your words. And without further discussion, you both quickly switched in work mode. No playing and all serious.

You lead Ghost through the road of Las Almas, trying to cut the van from your tail. But they keep coming back. It's like they know where you want to go.

So you quickly take the rifle that is hiding under the passenger seat, rolling down the window and let half your body out. Aiming the gun to the driver seat only to be met with the same action from the van.