My Best Friend the Tarzan

Jane's POV

"I'll call you tomorrow," Louis kissed my cheek." Things will be better. I promise you."

"Thank you so much, Louis." I smiled." Thank you, Tommy."

The father and son stayed the whole afternoon with me. It felt good reconnecting with Louis. Spending time with Tommy just warms my heart.

I locked the door behind them and let out a sigh.

"Henry!" I called for him as I walked to the kitchen and headed towards the fridge.

"Jane." He addressed me as he entered the room.

I pulled out two spoons from the drawers and sat on the stools of the kitchen island.

"Sit. Eat." I pointed to the stool next to me with the spoon and opened the tub of ice cream. I took a chunk of ice cream out and shoved it in my mouth.

Henry didn't protest. He knows better than to say no when I invite him to ice cream because it just means I'm very upset.

"You must have had a very horrible afternoon if you pulled out the mint chocolate chip, Jane." He grabbed the spoon and joined me.

"You have no idea." I said with a mouthful of ice cream.

"Is this about Mr. Styles?"

"How'd you know?"

"Well, lately, I've noticed your emotions have been like a rollercoaster. Sometimes it's up and sometimes it's down." He said." Now would be the down of course."

"What does that have to do with Harry?"

"Nothing but seeing as he was extremely angry when you arrived and you were locked up in your room would be a safe bet as to why you're upset."

"You're partially right." I sighed." Henry, so you remember me as a chubby child when I was younger?"

"You? Chubby? Jane, you were many things but never chubby." He denied, shaking his head.

"Henry, you don't have to lie to me. I know I was overweight."

"You weren't thin but Jane, you weren't overweight. You were a perfectly healthy child." He said while taking another scoop.

I narrowed my eyebrows at him.

"Do you mind if I say something that isn't in my place?"

"Never. Go on."

"If this about that Kate girl, don't compare yourself to her. You've always been a beautiful young lady and you always will be no matter your weight."

"I love you, Henry. You always know what to say."

"Anytime, Jane. Now I suggest you don't bother waiting for your parents because they won't be home for quite some time."

"I will if you give me a piggyback ride upstairs."

My relationship with Henry has always been childish. He's always been a father figure to me seeing as he never had a daughter. My dad appreciates how he cares for me. Henry is like a nanny and bodyguard all in one.

"Your destination, ma'am." He lowered me down." Now please get some rest because I don't want to have to come in here and be a human tissue."

"Thank you, Henry." I gave a hug. He's like a giant teddy bear.

I saluted him off before closing the door behind me. I sighed before going to the bathroom and getting ready for bed.

I threw my hair in a messy bun to get out of my face. I washed my face and changed into my pajamas consisting of Harry's boxers and a tank top.