My Best Friend the First Kiss

Jane's POV

Flash! Flash! Flash!

"Fuck! Harry, I told you I hate this." Camera flashes were blinding me as we made our way out of a coffee shop and into the park.

"Harry over here!"

"Harry did you and Kate break up?"

"Have you moved on already?"

"Is that the girl with the baby bump?"

Fucking hell.

I was ready to spin around and knock some teeth out but Harry's grip on my waist prevented me from doing so.

When we got legal distance away from them, I finally felt like I could breathe.

"I don't know how you do it. It's been five bloody minutes for me and you've been doing this for years."

"It's worth it." He shrugged."C'mon, let's start the lessons."

He intertwined our finger and led me to an empty bench. We sat down and I bit a chunk off my pretzel.

"First lesson is that you have to share food with me." He tried to take a bite but I instantly moved it away.

"Eat my food and I'll burn your arm."

"No need to be violent, Jane. Just break off a small piece and feed it to me."

"You have the ability to get your own don't you?" I sassed.

It was like this for a bit, arguing over sharing a damn pretzel.

Of course, I caved. I broke off the smallest piece of the pretzel and fed it to him like he was a bird.

"Okay, one, I'm not a bird, and two, that piece was barely over a crumb." He frowned upon me.

"You're lucky you got that much." I muttered.

"Damn, you've been spending way to much time with Niall." He shook his head and chuckled.

"How are the boys? Haven't spoken to them in ages."

Ever since Zayn left the band, the boys have struggled staying together. However, they managed by pulling through for the sake of the millions of fans. It was quite heartbreaking but he's happy and we can only support Zayn in whatever makes him happy.

"Everyone is doing well. The lads have been working in the studio for most of our break before rehearsals." He said."Zayn is doing well, too. Even wrote a few songs for our new album."

"Another tour?" I really didn't want to have weeks without my best friend here.

To be honest, I never really had any female friends to spend time with. I suppose that ever since I met Kate I had a stereotypical image of girls my age. It's been me and Harry ever since I could remember.

I don't want to be alone again. However, I can't necessarily tell Harry that.

"Why do you sound so sad?" He furrowed his brows.

"I'm not." I shook my head.

I'm beyond sad.

"Let's just focus on all this couple shit you're going on about." I changed the subject.

"Well first off, we always have to be close. The more clingy, the better." He scooted too close to me for my liking." Next, we must always interact with each other. No going to phones or other distractions while on dates. Lastly, are displays of affection. Simple things like hugging, piggy back rides, cuddling, kiss-"