My Best Friend the Sugar Butt

Jane's POV

"Jane!" Harry's voice boomed through my phone." Where the hell are you?"

I put some distance to prevent my ears from shattering.

Someone is cranky.

"The parlor." I answered." Why?"

I went to the register and started getting out my wallet to pay.

"I've been calling you all day." He sighed of relief.

"Haz, it's only half past two." I rolled my eyes but felt stupid realizing he couldn't see me." Plus I don't think having a phone call while getting a tattoo is the best-"

"Wait? You got a tattoo? I thought you were at the parlor getting ice cream?"

"The tattoo parlor, you idiot," I teased but let a small giggle out." What's up, sugar butt?"

"Sugar butt?" He chuckled.

"Yes, because you have a sweet arse." Ernie from the register made a look of disgust so I threw a coin at him. " Or that you're sweet but still an arse."

"Oh, lovely." He chuckled.

"Why have you been trying to reach me?"

"I missed you."

"No, really." I mouthed thank you to Ernie as I exited the shop. I began my short walk to the car park and tried to take my mind off the irritation from my tattoo.

The bright England sun was out but accompanied with some winds. I zipped up my jacket before I get the chills.

"I have seen you all day! How could you not believe I miss you?" He mocked hurt.

Shit actor.

"Well fine, if that's it then I'll see you later."

"Wait!" He interjected as I was about to hang up." I need your help."

"No, really?" I asked, sarcasm dripping from my voice." What's wrong?"

I searched through my bag for my keys. Harry's voice was faint and I made muffled noises to pretend I was listening while I put my purse on the hood of the car.

Just had the damn keys.

I probably looked like a mess with my phone between my ear and shoulder and all my junk over my car. All of the things are out of my bag and still no key.

I'm an idiot.

I reached in the butt pocket of my jeans and pulled out my keys.

"Yes!" I exclaimed when I finally unlocked my car.

"Wait, really? Thank you, Jane!" Harry gushed before hanging up on me.

What?

I decided to not think about how odd Harry is. I put my belonging back in my purse and began my drive home. The music from my speakers was replaced with my ringtone booming through the car. I pressed the answer button on my steering wheel to pick up the phone.

Don't use your phone and drive!

"Hello?"

"Jane, where the hell are you?" Louis fired at me.

"On my way home?" I was unsure of the answer he was looking for.

"What in the bloody hell were you thinking of letting Harry go to lunch with Kate?" He basically scolded me.

"What? When did I ever agree to that?" I was appalled.

"Well that isn't what he said. I managed to catch him on his way out and Harry said that he just rang you about Kate inviting him to lunch and you approved of it." He explained with a 'matter-of-fact' tone.