第29章 - Evil

Everyone remained stunned silent. The strange phenomenon had caught them off guard. Shirou snapped out of his reverie by the words that left Mei's lips.

“Major Himeko was… sucked into the wall!”

“The Bronya detected a sudden spike in the Honkai energy levels when Major Himeko touched the wall.”

Bronya puts forth her observation. If such was the case, then Himeko's disappearance might've been because of this trap.

“In that case, does that mean that the stone block earlier was just a fake entrance to hide the real one?” Shirou couldn't help but feel this way.

After all, they found no mechanisms on either side of the cave except for the steles that held the story of Ji Xuanyuan and the legend of the Golden Emperor. The stone block from earlier could have been just a trick to confuse the outsiders who came in search of the stigma.

“If this wall reacts to people with Honkai energy, then it will do the same for us! After her!”

At Kiana's exclamation, Shirou was the first to volunteer to go ahead. The crisp sound of his footsteps took over as he walked up to the stone wall and reached out to touch it. However…

Tsss! Voomm!

“——?!”

A sudden spark took place the moment Shirou's hand connected with the wall. With a sudden flash, Shirou was repelled forcefully from the wall as the impact sent him sliding on his feet for a good five feet.

“Shirou-kun, are you alright?!”

“I'm fi… what the…?”

Shirou's words trailed off as his gaze shifted to his right arm, his eyes widening involuntarily. His right arm was now in its kegare form, despite Shirou not using his tailsman to activate it.

“But I didn't use the Seisougen-pu… Then why?”

“The stone wall seems to have reacted negatively to Shirou Nii-sama’s kegare arm. The Bronya doesn't have a definite explanation for that.”

Bronya continues to scan the readings of Honkai energy, observing the charts. There seemed to be another spike in the readings when Shirou touched the wall. Was it because of his right arm? Bronya could only think of that to be the possible explanation for the event that just transpired.

“Doesn't matter. We have to go find the Major!”

Undeterred, Shirou reaches out again, this time with his left arm that manages to pass through the wall, causing a ripple-like effect. Within seconds, Shirou disappears into the wall just like Himeko.

“The Bronya shall go next. Mei Nee-sama and Kiana shall follow after.”

“Be careful, Bronya-chan.”

Nodding to her Mei Nee-sama's words, Bronya steps in next and enters the wall as the ripples consume her before disappearing from the sight. Kiana and Mei soon follow after her.

.  .  .  .  .  .  .

Coming out to the other side, Shirou's eyes slowly opened to take in the view of his surroundings. The crimson hues in his eyes gazed intently at the scenery in front of him.

 The crimson hues in his eyes gazed intently at the scenery in front of him