第5章 - Approach

This is a lie. This can't be happening. There is no way it's true. These words revolve in my mind back to back, unable to accept the harsh reality.

The one who gave me a new life, the one who showed me kindness when I was lost in this world, is now standing in front of me, dead but violated as a lifeless puppet by the malevolent force of this world.

A chill runs down my spine like a centipede crawling down my back. My spine feels like it's gonna burst out of my mouth.

 My spine feels like it's gonna burst out of my mouth

The woman in white looks at me.

Our gazes meet. Our aims collide as everything is enevloped in silence.

(A/n: Damn, this OST is thrilling)

Taking out a long object from the quill on her back, Reina-san loads it into the bow and pulls the string of the bow back. Her gaze is focused and there is no sliver of hesitation in her lifeless orange eyes. It took me one-fourth of a second to realise that I was at the end of her crosshair.

Fling! Whoosh!

The string is released. Cutting through the air like a knife slicing through butter, the projectile heads towards me with a speed that spoke volumes of her accuracy.

Thung!

The arrow misses me by a hair and lands on the wall behind me as I roll out of the way just in time. Shifting my gaze towards the orange coloured projectile on the wall, I see flames emitting at the end of the sharp head, scorching the wall.

"What the hell———is that?"

This is a bad dream. A really, really bad dream. Shifting my gaze back towards Reika-san, I felt something hit me in the side of my body with the force of a truck. My balance was disrupted and I was lifted off my feet from the impact.

"Ugh——?!"

Bang!!

I'm sent flying through the wooden door back into my room as I crash harshly onto my bed. The door swung open harshly as it was almost blown off it's hinges. My sides hurt as I clutch it with my left hand. Groaning, I try to get up before I gasp and roll out of the way of another flaming projectile as I fall down my bed.

"!!"

Reika-san enters the room with her bow and arrow, loading them. My mind is in shambles and the natural and primal instinct in every living organism, the desperate instinct to survive kicks in my body.

Grabbing the leg of the nearby desk, I twist and spin my body as I hurl the furniture straight at the undead, causing the belongings that were rested on it to fall and scatter on the floor.