第6章 - So I ran into a Tuna... What's the worst that can happen?

Shirou's POV

Before the zombies could tear me apart, a single sound echoes throughout the atmosphere, reverberating through the air.

The sound of a gunshot.

It was clear and loud, not leaving any room to discuss it's authenticity. As the sound of the gunshot reached the ears of the zombies, they turned around and started heading towards that direction, leaving me in the alleyway all alone.

With whatever strength I had regained, I leaned against the wall for a few moments to rest a little and let my muscles ease up. Even though I have trained to fight for extended periods of time, I haven't used my spirit energy to ease the muscle tension.

Taking a few deep breaths, I let the energy in my body flow through the Seven Chakras of the body and release a small amount. A small gust of wind generated as I could feel my muscle pain healing up.

"Fuu... Never thought I'd do this again... But I'm glad that I learnt it."

Taking my steps, I get out of the alleyway as I check my way clearly this time. Good, there were no zombies. With that, I broke into a sprint and headed towards the direction from where the gunshots came. If I'm correct, the place where the sound came from was...

"Around the main school building."

Maybe Mei is there as well. I take out my phone and try to dial her number but there was no response due to the bad reception because of the thunder clouds. I run as fast as I can, my legs navigating me through the pavement as I run towards the main school building before I take a turn, sliding on my toes as I head inside...

"Grrr...."

"Woooo..."

Only to end up facing a horde of zombies in front of me that were roaming around openly in the campus. Who am I kidding? Of course there would be zombies here! If I had taken the route of jumping over the Academy's walls, I might've been able to sneak in undetected.

I reach out into my pocket again to take it out and get rid of these zombies but before I could do so, the same sound reverberated again.

BANG! BANG!

A loud noise that can tear your eardrums if heard from too close. The sound that once reverberates, shakes the insides of your body. It was without a doubt, the sound of the same gunshots I heard before.

The bullets flew by as they pierced the skulls of the zombies with precision as one by one the undead fell to their final rest.

"——What?"

And that's when the source of the gunshots came into my view, heading towards me. With hair as white as snow and eyes as blue as the marine blues, a girl around my age jumped into the fray. Wearing the freshman uniform of our academy, she carried a baseball bat and a gun in her hands.

Her hair was styled in two swirls and an additional bullet belt was wrapped around her waist, hanging loosely to the side.