Liyue, here we come!

Paimon and the Traveler looked at me surprised. That was something that they did not expect, I couldn't help but laugh seeing their stunned expressions. I swear to Barbatos their expressions were hilarious, it looked like they could drop the plates at this question. 

"What's up with you guys? Was my question that shocking?"

Paimon just looked at me like I was insane,

"Of course Paimon and the Traveler are shocked! You are one of the last people we expected to leave Mondsdadt!"

"Paimon thinks that you just want to avoid working that's why you asked to join us!"

I laughed at her remark, acting like I was tearing up from laughter.

"I still have to work even during my travels you know? I have the Winery and my job as the Calvary Captain to take care of. If I wasn't here, Jean would have worked herself to death which isn't ideal for Mondsdadt."

"You don't need to accept my request if you don't want to, I just thought it would be fun to travel in a group."

The Traveler looked at me and then at Paimon, I think he was telepathically talking with her. They're that close huh, to be able to speak like that.

I could see his eyes moving in all sorts of directions, and Paimon did the same. I guess that this was a very heated conversation between them. 

As soon as they were done 'talking', I asked.

"Oh mighty Traveler and his loyal sidekick, what's your answer?"

The Traveler said,

"Sure. But you're not excused from chores."

Chores... I mean, it's better than anything impossible like fighting hillichurls non-stop...

"Alright then. When are we leaving Traveler?"

He thought for a while and said,

"After a week."

A week... that's more than enough for me to prepare for the journey. I can say my goodbyes and finish the pending work I have... 

"Alright then.. We'll rendezvous here after a week in the evening. Does that sound alright?"

He and Paimon nodded their heads, in sync. That's an adorable sight to see.

. .

A week has passed and it's time to leave. Adelinde wanted to drop me off but she was crying and Elzer had to comfort her. When I come back I'll bring a souvenir for them. 

I said my goodbyes to the workers in the Winery and soldiers in the Knights of Favonius and left.

This is my first time going out of Mondsdadt after I was adopted into the family...

 Wait- this reminds me, I haven't visited their graves for a while...  Maybe I'll take a small detour before I reach the rendezvous point. I do have some time before they arrive.

.

I approached Diluc's and Crepus's graves. It's still the same as I remember, the flowers from my last visit haven't withered, and the Small lamp Grass and the Pink Calla lilies remained where I left them.

"Long time no see..." 

I didn't know what else to say. I thought for a while and said,

"Uh... Im leaving for Liyue with Diluc and a new friend called the Traveler... So you won't see me for a while... I miss you."

I sighed heavily, placed a dandelion on their graves, and left.

.

The journey began, I was walking with the Traveler while Paimon was telling us about Liyue.

"Liyue is one of the seven regions of Teyvat. It is the nation that worships Rex Lapis, the Geo Archon and God of Contracts."

"If you wanna find the Geo Archon, this is the only chance you'll get all year. I guess it's a good thing that Venti brought it up earlier, otherwise, we definitely would've missed this year's Rite of Descension!"

I looked at Paimon curious and asked her,

"Do you know when it is?"

Paimon shrugged and said,

"Uhh... might be today, might also be tomorrow..."

Then the Traveler asked,

"Do you know where it is?"

Paimon shook her head,

"Paimon... knows nothing about where it is... Ehe."

We were approaching the Liyue Harbor, this was quite quick, to be honest.

Paimon exclaimed,

"Look! We're already in Liyue so let's go ask some of the locals."

She paused for a second thinking about something.

"Oh, right. About the Geo Archon, 'Morax'... Did you know? The that The Mora we use is named after this god. But it's seen as impolite for people from outside Liyue to refer to the Geo Archon by that name. So we should refer to the Geo Archon by the name Rex Lapis like the people of Liyue do."

_________________________--

Welcome to Liyue everyone! Thanks for reading this far and stay tuned for more!!

Author out!